Solved

Base profile customizations not holding properly into user profiles in work task IFS10

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We have customized the work task screen on base profiles. It was a new screen for our users in IFS 10 so we didn’t think we had to clear their personal nodes. In the base profile everything is clean looking. In the user profile everything is “smooshed”. I can get screenshots from the users - but it is not everyone either in a base profile. Just some of the users. In our test environment we saw it and then when I refreshed the base profile and logged in as some users it seemed fine. So I updated the base profile when we moved into production but it is still plaguing some users. Is there any reason this could be happening? Any suggestions other than removing the nodes from all of the users personal profiles to update back to the base? Or any easy way to do that for many users in different profiles?

icon

Best answer by awe 20 September 2022, 16:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @courtney.engel 
i have experienced some problems in window Work task aswell.
What i saw was that the columns were looking different from the base profile and some of our users personal profile. 

What i checked were this:
If im the one changing columns in the base profile, other users need to have the same screen settings as i had when i changed the columns.

So for an example,
I changed the columns in work task with my laptop. But when i then connect my laptop to an external screen, the columns are in a “wierd” order since my computer change the display settings when i connect to external screen.

Please use your test environments and see if you find the same behavior.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Im talkning about this settings:

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ awe. Thankyou! As much as I don’t actually like that answer it does seem to make a difference. Do we know if maybe this started because of Aurena? I found all sorts of crazy spacing when I moved my screen down to 100% - even on things that are not customizable. I have not been able to figure out how to fix it for my people yet since we have all different layouts for different computers, but it is an extremely interesting find. Did IFS have anything to say or offer on it?