Question

APPS 10 vs Cloud

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have the following question: if my company is currently interested in implementing IFS's ERP, which option should we choose?

1. IFS Applications 10, with a cloud server infrastructure?
  2. IFS Applications 10, with a cloud server infrastructure, including Aurena?
  3. IFS Cloud?

From a licensing cost perspective, how different are both versions of the software (Apps 10 vs Cloud)?

My company is located in Latin America, and it's not clear if IFS Cloud offers full support for this part of the world.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @jcgochoa 

If you buy IFS APPS 10 it includes Aurena. But if will be end of support on March 2025.

IFS Cloud is the latest version. But it is only Aurena without the IEE (IFS Enterprise Explorer). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi jcgochoa,

I can’t answer all your questions but as a Supply Chain and Manufacturing Consultant having worked on all variants of IFS including Apps 9, 10 Aurena, and IFS Cloud up to 22R2, I would strongly recommend implementing Cloud if possible. Apps 10 is ok but the support for this will soon be gone. The look and feel of Aurena is good but there are some technical issues that didn’t get resolved as the focus switched to IFS Cloud. A lot of effort has been put in to IFS Cloud and it is a good product with some great features.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@jcgochoa by the time you finish implementing Apps10, you already need to start the process to upgrade to Cloud, as the support for Apps10 will no longer be offered.

Regarding country specific solutions in IFS Cloud you might wanna check below post:

IFS Country Solutions Overview | IFS Community

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Go for IFS Cloud, contrary to what one person has said, Cloud is the full ERP-system (Aurena is an add-on to IFS10). All functionalities are there in Cloud.

Further, Cloud is not only an enhancement of IFS10 it is also the new interface. On your next upgrade you will have to go for the new interface and for the users that would just be an unnecessary threshold to pass. Better to stick with the latest.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I agree with the last two posts above, I also think in terms of time to value, the fastest implementations I have even seen in the 21 year I have worked in the IFS Ecosystem are with IFS Cloud. You will also get access to the all the latest features, and anything new coming down the release tracks from IFS which now are every 6 months will be in IFS Cloud. IFS Cloud is constantly evolving and improving, A10 is close to begin consigned software oblivion. 

Also, I am not sure if IFS will even sell you A10 now if your a new customer.