Question

Meaning of Shipment status

• 23 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am new to IFS, and want to know what the difference is between the statuses in Shipments please.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Badge +15

HI @Grahalex 

The Shipment solution provides an excellent possibility to handle several orders as one dispatch, assuming that they have the same customer, delivery address, site, delivery term, ship via code and shipment type.
Enables a fast and streamlined handling of order shipment and packaging, where the shipment type can be used to control whether an event in the shipment process should be performed manually or automatically.
Enables early shipment planning.
Shipping documents like pack list, delivery note, bill of lading and consignment note can be printed in advance, and reprinted if changes occur.
The shipment process can be performed parallel to production.

As per the help text

The status of the shipment. Different operations are available depending on the status. As the shipment moves through the shipment flow, the status changes automatically or manually. The shipment status can be: Preliminary, Complete, Closed and Cancelled.

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Manoj

please could you give a brief description of each of Shipment statuses. 

regards

Grahalex

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Grahalex ,

As Manoj explained, when the shipment moves through the shipment flow, the status changes automatically or manually. The shipment status can be: Preliminary, Complete, Closed and Cancelled.

Please refer the below links to get an undestading about the basic shipment flow.

Shipment delivery: 

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/ProcessModels/Process_Model/shipmentdelivery.htm

Create Shipment:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/ProcessModels/Process_Model/Createshipment.htm

Deliver Shipment:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/ProcessModels/Process_Model/delivershipment.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oshada

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Oshada

I will be organising deliveries to our customers.

Can you see the number of pallets in a Customer order ? I can’t find that.

When will I know that I can book a delivery in, and the warehouse can pack it ?

Regards

Graham

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Grahalex have you checked the Handling Unit Structure tab?

However, I dont think I understood what you asked by ‘When will I know that I can book a delivery in, and the warehouse can pack it ?’

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I cannot see the Handling unit structure tab in Customer orders.

I was asking because I have to plan deliveries, and I know that the order has to go from Customer order to Shipment first, but not sure of the steps after that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Customer order with automatic packing of handling units on shipment

Prerequisites  

• Shipment type-shipment created when releasing o
    • optional event after picking -pack according to packing instruction or pack according to Handling Unit capacity -(To trigger automatic packing by shipment type optional event) 
  • Default packing instruction -To enable system to decide handling unit type to be used  Ex: 1Pallet-2 Big Boxes-4 Small Boxes 
  • Part\Handling unit capacity 
    • Define handling unit capacity for the part relating to at least one handling unit in the structure.  ex: Small box can contain 5pcs ,Carton/large box can contain 50 pcs 

Steps 

1. Create customer order with quantity required 
  2. Release  
  3. Customer order ->RMB->Shipment Infor 
  4. Shipment \handling unit structure tab \unattached shipment lines  (Note that it is possible to manually trigger both “Pack according to packing instruction” and “Pack into handling units” from the shipment (header and lines)).  
  5. Reserve  
  6. Report Pick   
  7. Check the handling unit structure tab on the shipment again – a handling unit structure according to the packing instruction has been generated:  
  8. Complete, Deliver and close the shipment 
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Manual packing of handling units on shipment

Prerequisites 

• Handling units -For manual packing it is not needed to define a handling unit capacity per part and handling unit type – the quantities per handling unit type is set manually as a part of the packing process.  
  •  Shipment type without optional events that enable automatic packing, or you can pack before picking with same shipment type 

Steps   

1. Create Customer Order
  2. Release the customer order 
  3. RMB shipment Infor on customer order to go to shipment 
  4. RMB to Add handling unit in the graphical navigator for handling unit structure unit:  Ex: create 2 pcs of CARTON:  
  5. Shipment\Handling Unit Structure\Unattached shipment lines 
    1. select the one of the handling units (indicates which handling unit that is going to get packed), select the unattached shipment lines.  
    2. RMB for Attach Parts to Handling Unit - indicates that these lines should be packed into the handling unit selected:    
    3. The RMB opens ‘Attach Parts to Handling Units’ dialog:  
    4. update the qty to attach for each line, to be attached to this specific handling unit.  (The lower part of this dialog shows any previously attached shipment line – it would be the content that have already been packed into this handling unit.) 
    5. Press OK -selected parts and quantities are attached to the handling unit.  
  6. Go back to Shipment\Handling Unit Structure\Unattached shipment lines .You can find if there are any Remaining Parcel Qty or if all the shipment lines are packed, Unattached shipment lines tab is empty
  7. Go to Shipment\Handling Unit Structure\Handling Units  
  • This tab gives more information regarding dimensions, weight and volume of the handling unit selected in the graphical navigator –  also includes handling units on sub-levels.  
  • In the lower part of the tab - content of the handling unit – the parts that have been attached to selected handling unit in the upper part of the tab.  It includes parts in any sub-level handling unit as well.  
  • If required, you can create multi-level HU structure by RMB on the top node of the structure and “Add Handling Unit”.  
  • Then it is possible to either use drag and drop of the previously created handling units into the pallet or one can change handling unit parent on one or several handling units by selecting then in the handling unit tab and then RMB for that option