Everything about the IFS 10 Lobby.

• 26 August 2020
  • 81 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

You can ask anything you wonder about IFS 10 Lobby. I can answer any questions you may have about IFS 10 LOBBY. Element design, data design, where patterns, references, page creation, authorization, etc. I would be happy to help.

81 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for offering to help! If you search for “lobby” or just click the lobby tag on your post, you should see a list of topics that might need help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi What is IFS 10 Lobby .Can you share any document which will help me to understand IFS 10 Lobby as currently We are using IFS version 8.

Userlevel 7

Hi What is IFS 10 Lobby .Can you share any document which will help me to understand IFS 10 Lobby as currently We are using IFS version 8.

I don’t have a document, but a quick summary below.
IFS Lobby is our built-in, interactive and configurable dashboards. Lobby was introduced in Apps 9 and further evolved in Apps 10 where it’s also available in IFS Aurena (the new browser based, responsive UI). 

The idea is that a lobby would give a certain role/user an at-a-glance view of what’s going on in a certain area and highlight things that need attention/action. The lobby consists of ‘lobby elements’ (the boxes) that display data from data sources (built either using SQL queries, information sources or using our easy to use query builder). Each element can allow you to drill into a more detailed lobby (lobby to lobby) or drill into the transaction level details (lobby to page).

Example of a lobby page

We deliver a number of these lobbies out of the box with Apps 10, but customers are also free to amend or build their own lobby pages. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Deepak

Hello there,The lobby was offered for sale with a few additional features, especially with the IFS10 version.1. Your own designed lobby pages2. Preset lobby pages3.Underscreen lobby pagesIf I need to show these with an example

Badge +1

Hello, can you explain how the “Use Own Process” works under the Navigation section in the Element Designer?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Own processes allows you to create multiple versions of the same form in Enterprise Explorer. This is done by

1. copy the form node the lobby element points to in the navigator

2. Open the preferences for the new node

1. Set it to run as an own process
  2. Name the process to something meaningful
  3. Tailor the form as you like
  4. By now refering to your new process in the lobby element. Your specific design will open

Processes are very useful an powerful when optimizing  the EE behavior. The process name is kept in memory and if you eg navigates to another form and there is a design with that process name it will use it. Hence you can tailor complete workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Joakim Fransson 

Can you narrate with a picture?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I have a question regarding Aurena Lobbies, is this something you can help on?

Userlevel 7

Hi,

I have a question regarding Aurena Lobbies, is this something you can help on?

Please feel free to ask. I'd probably add a new topic though to make it easier to find later through the search function. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Joakim Fransson 

Try this;

Right click on the new navigator entry and go to properties. Change the Title to what you want and tick ‘Own Process’.

Open a new window and find your new navigator entry e.g. Document Revision Own Process

Design the page however you like. Copy the the new page URL and use in your lobby for navigation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

For all the “pre-canned” lobbies; How does IFS know who is viewing the lobby m to filter the data?  Example would be a sales rep lobbies only shows the salespersons data.

I assume it is userid/ salesperson table but I can’t locate it.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Userlevel 7

For all the “pre-canned” lobbies; How does IFS know who is viewing the lobby m to filter the data?  Example would be a sales rep lobbies only shows the salespersons data.

I assume it is userid/ salesperson table but I can’t locate it.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Depends on the lobby, but a lot of them have default parameters using Context Substitution Variables (CSV) like e.g. adding default parameter value #USER_ID# in a lobby parameter for Sales Person. 

You can find the CSVs in Solution Manager\User Interface\Context Substitution Variables. 
In some cases it might be filtered in the data source.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Joakim Fransson 

Hi 

Sorry for the delay in responding. On the attached image you the property dialog for a copied navigator node. I have set it to run as own process and set a relevant process id. (potentially use only one work or add a ‘_’ instead of ‘ ‘) This process id is in turn to be refrenced in the lobby element. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello

Can we use the incoming value in the address path?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @ADNAN 

It’s related to the lobby page

https://community.ifs.com/technology-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/lobby-page-filter-parameter-4395

Could you please reply there?

Thanks,

Narsi.

Badge +2

Hi
I’ve got a question. How can I use different views in the datasource designer? I must generate a Lobby element, wich collects the data from two views. I know that I could add the second view over SUBSELECT in the condition Parameter. 
I’ve set up the code in PL/SQL and it works fine when I can enter two views in the FROM statement. If I try to generate the same data but using a SUBSELECT, I receive several different and strange results. Does anybody has a clue, how to collect data from different views in the same Lobby element?
Thanks for your support

Achilles0129

Userlevel 7

Hi
I’ve got a question. How can I use different views in the datasource designer? I must generate a Lobby element, wich collects the data from two views. I know that I could add the second view over SUBSELECT in the condition Parameter. 
I’ve set up the code in PL/SQL and it works fine when I can enter two views in the FROM statement. If I try to generate the same data but using a SUBSELECT, I receive several different and strange results. Does anybody has a clue, how to collect data from different views in the same Lobby element?
Thanks for your support

Achilles0129

You can, if you use the query builder. Otherwise you can create an IAL with your query and use that in the lobby. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

When designing Line or Bar Graph Elements, do the application limit the amount of data that is retrieved and presented on the graph?  How do you see the rest of the graph data when only presented with some of the data? For eg. this should show a full months data but stops at the 16th of November:

Thank you for this invite on lobby’s assistance.

Best regards,

Jacques

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi
Thanks for your support

Achilles0129

You can, if you use the query builder. Otherwise you can create an IAL with your query and use that in the lobby. 

When using IAL’s, a view is created on user ifsinfo and can be used on Data Source Designer to retrieve data, see below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello, @JacquesK 

This is a common problem, especially on lobby screens. Since there is data restriction in lobby items, it can perform limited data processing. What you have to do is eliminate the coming days. for example the 1st, 5th, 15th, 25th day of a month. Instead of bringing thirty days, you should summarize the information or get the average information. It was not possible to solve your transaction as requested.

IFS cannot provide a complete solution to your request.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello, @JacquesK 

This is a common problem, especially on lobby screens. Since there is data restriction in lobby items, it can perform limited data processing. What you have to do is eliminate the coming days. for example the 1st, 5th, 15th, 25th day of a month. Instead of bringing thirty days, you should summarize the information or get the average information. It was not possible to solve your transaction as requested.

IFS cannot provide a complete solution to your request.

Thank you Adnan, is this something that IFS will look at in the future?  I will summarise the results into weeks instead of days to limit the information that is returned to the Element

Badge +1

Hi @ADNAN,

I have a question. How can I set the background image of the lobby to fit to the screen?
If I add a small custom picture, it will duplicate it, if I add a large picture, then the huge part of the picture will be outside of the screen. I don’t see any option to choose the size of the background or use a ‘fit’ option.

IFS 10 UPD8:

Thanks.

Zoltan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

How do I create a lobby page shortcut?

and a Custom Menu shortcut ?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

How do I create a lobby page shortcut?

and a Custom Menu shortcut ?

Thanks!

You mean a shortcut to a lobby page? Just open the page and then create the shortcut. In IEE you do it by RMB - Add in the shortcut panel. In Aurena you do it by clicking add bookmark.

It’s not possible to add a shortcut to a specific menu, just to the screen where the menu is available.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Anmise,

I don’t see the RMB on my IEE screen? any idea?