Everything about the IFS 10 Lobby.

• 26 August 2020
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise,

I don’t see the RMB on my IEE screen? any idea?

Open the lobby page and then use ‘Add’.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Got it! Thanks @anmise 

Badge +1

I’m having trouble with formatting on bar and line graph lobby elements between IEE and Aurena. I am using When I look at the element in IEE it looks proper:

Looking at the same element in Aurena presents a gap between two results (note gap between Alain Prost and Applications Owner):

The element is set to Aurena as is the lobby itself. This is only observed when using the Multiple Series capability in the element.

Userlevel 7

I’m having trouble with formatting on bar and line graph lobby elements between IEE and Aurena. I am using When I look at the element in IEE it looks proper:

Looking at the same element in Aurena presents a gap between two results (note gap between Alain Prost and Applications Owner):

The element is set to Aurena as is the lobby itself. This is only observed when using the Multiple Series capability in the element.

In Aurena the charts are reserving space for all possible values for each of the data points on the Y axis. Let’s assume there are 5 stages, what it’s displaying is:

Stage 1 - Pink
Stage 2. Blue
Stage 3. Green
Stage 4. Yellow
Stage 5. Red

Jérémy Jeanjean 1,0,0,0,0
Alain Prost 3,1,1,0,0
Applications Owner 0,0,0,0,1

I’m assuming you use Multi-series for the colours? I agree that it looks way worse in Aurena and I’ve raised this before. I hope we’ll get a way to colour the bars without using multi-series.

Badge +1

Thank you, I was able to massage the data and get the desired result. Each representative ID now has a record with all relevant statuses, eliminating the gap. For reference to others, the relevant data now looks like this:

Badge +1

How can I add a background image to the drop down in Element Designer for use in Aurena?

I have attempted to upload a jpg to the same directories on the server where the element_backdrop_xx files are stored. I have been able to show the image in IEE by putting the Windows path into the Custom Image URL, but this does not display the image in Aurena.

Badge +3

Hello, 

Thanks for offering to help ! 

Can we use SELECT query in lobby filter parameter default value?

Best regards,

Shady

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Anmise, 

Thanks for offering your help! I have a list type lobby element with a data source looking at the COMPANY field and giving a list of counts for several companies. I would like to use that COMPANY field (e.g. below company 5) in the navigation link without having to use the lobby page parameters. Have you done this before by any chance? In the image below, I would like to click on the line for company 5 where I have 1 record and navigate to the page ‘Instant Authorisation’ for company 5.

Much appreciated,

Alice

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@alicedc91 Have you tried mapping the company field in the navigation section?

i.e.

Use Column Values:

Map the Column COMPANY to the target column COMPANY

Regards 

John

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise, 

Thanks for offering your help! I have a list type lobby element with a data source looking at the COMPANY field and giving a list of counts for several companies. I would like to use that COMPANY field (e.g. below company 5) in the navigation link without having to use the lobby page parameters. Have you done this before by any chance? In the image below, I would like to click on the line for company 5 where I have 1 record and navigate to the page ‘Instant Authorisation’ for company 5.

Much appreciated,

Alice

I don’t believe it’s possible to pass the value from the element itself to select company, unfortunately. You’ll have to use the page parameters. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Instead of specifying the company in the URL address use the page parameters within the navigation section e.g.

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Instead of specifying the company in the URL address use the page parameters within the navigation section e.g.

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for this. Yes I have tried like you said but it doesn’t work, it just defaults to the default company. Would I have to add something more specific to the datasource though to make this navigation setup work properly? 

Thanks

Alice

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for this. Yes I have tried like you said but it doesn’t work, it just defaults to the default company. Would I have to add something more specific to the datasource though to make this navigation setup work properly? 

Thanks

Alice

Hi Alice,

Best solution I can suggest will be to add a parameter to the lobby called: ‘Company’ and update the Data Source with this condition:

This will filter the user’s results per company.

Then on the Element Designer refer to the parameter, then it will update the company correct on the jump:

Hope that helps?

Regards,

Jacques

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks

Alice

Hi Alice,

Best solution I can suggest will be to add a parameter to the lobby called: ‘Company’ and update the Data Source with this condition:

Then on the Element Designer refer to the parameter, then it will update the company correct on the jump:

Hope that helps?

Regards,

Jacques

You can created another element on the lobby page to update the parameter to the correct database value, before jumping using the solution above:

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hope this helps.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

Thanks

Alice

Hi Alice,

Hope that helps?

Regards,

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Would this still be driven by the company selected in the lobby page parameter though?

I am trying to avoid, if there is a way, to have the user remember to change the lobby page parameter before clicking on the links in the element. At the moment, if they forget to change the company in the lobby page parameter, when clicking on the link, it navigates onto the Instant Auth screen always in the default company. 

Thanks

Alice

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Query Builder with table JOIN issue in Aurena Apps10

Can Aurena (Apps 10, U9)

display a Lobby Data Element with a Data Source of type QUERY BUILDER that joins two tables?  We have this working in IEE, but same user only sees an “X”  on the lobby page even though permissions AND projections are set properly.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I saw this Question On here before but i didn’t look like it got answered.  When you use the custom Image url for the background picture for the lobby page? How do you modify it to fit on the screen and not inserted as a bunch of mirror images?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We have created a Quick Information Source from an IAL view and placed it in the Financials folder.  It can be accessed from within the Business Reporter excel add-in tool, but not from the Lobby Datasource Designer.  Is there something we need to do to make it accessible in there that we are missing?

thx

Cynthia

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not the brightest bulb in the box with IFS. I only work in the service and maintenance part of IFS. But I found that setting up lobbys for maintenance personnel made it way easier to train. Now is that the financial folder here or in Apps 10. (See dim bulb. Lol)

Badge +1

Hello,

Can I also use my own views without generating an IAL object?
If so, what permissions must be assigned to the view? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@MEA  

All views available in Oracle can be used. However, the fields may not be visible for the view you created. You have to type manually.
Badge +3

Hello

I have one question about lobbys on pageviews. In main lobbys you can define page parameters like on the picture below. 

page parameter

But I want to develope some lobby elements also to use with different windows, like e.g. customer orders. I have created many data sources and elements, and I manage to connect them on the mapping designer. But I don’t really see how to use or change the parameters? Can you help me?

I have also heard that you can create elements that change if you select different lines in the table. Is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ADNAN , thanks for offering to help. We configured a few lobby elements recently. one of them only get the X sign instead of the no of PO lines like below. This is only for few users, not all. Can this be something related to their personal profiles? I’m not sure how to check :(

Userlevel 7

@ADNAN , thanks for offering to help. We configured a few lobby elements recently. one of them only get the X sign instead of the no of PO lines like below. This is only for few users, not all. Can this be something related to their personal profiles? I’m not sure how to check :(

It might be an access issue i.e. the user doesn’t have access to the view. Which version of IFS is this in? In IEE you can hover over the element to see the error message. If it’s in Aurena, I tend to open Chrome Dev Tools (click F12 on your keyboard and go to the network tab) and then check the error message in preview or response tab for the ‘red lines’

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I want to use two user input operator in one query builder so that if user want to see data from 2 different data group he can add both and check data.