Everything about the IFS 10 Lobby.

• 26 August 2020
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We have created a Quick Information Source from an IAL view and placed it in the Financials folder.  It can be accessed from within the Business Reporter excel add-in tool, but not from the Lobby Datasource Designer.  Is there something we need to do to make it accessible in there that we are missing?

thx

Cynthia

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@ADNAN 

I have below questions regarding lobbies. 

1. If we need to use more than one view in the data source designer,  are query builder and using IAL in SQL data source the possible options we have?
  2. Where can I find information about my elements?
  3. Brief about managing and installing lobby items.
  4. The location where lobby data source configuration files should be stored for source code management?

Appreciate your inputs on this regard.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@ADNAN

I have below questions regarding lobbies. 

1. If we need to use more than one view in the data source designer,  are query builder and using IAL in SQL data source the possible options we have?
  2. Where can I find information about my elements?
  3. Brief about managing and installing lobby items.
  4. The location where lobby data source configuration files should be stored for source code management?

Appreciate your inputs on this regard.

With the lobby, students have two different options in data design. 1 create the query with internal queries or create a single view of the entire query. There is a problem here. Even if the IAL is seen by the data designer, the fields will not come automatically. It will be played manually. The item will be present in the plan instance. IAL is a layer, but if there is a problem with your background work, can you finish the IAL to finish it.

I'll try to help you when you have problems.

@ADNAN Thanks for the information. Would you mind answering the questions 2,3 and 4.

Badge +1

You can ask anything you wonder about IFS 10 Lobby. I can answer any questions you may have about IFS 10 LOBBY. Element design, data design, where patterns, references, page creation, authorization, etc. I would be happy to help.

Hey, I want to know- how to create a new lobby element within a lobby?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

When designing Line or Bar Graph Elements, do the application limit the amount of data that is retrieved and presented on the graph?  How do you see the rest of the graph data when only presented with some of the data? For eg. this should show a full months data but stops at the 16th of November:

Thank you for this invite on lobby’s assistance.

Best regards,

Jacques

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi
I’ve got a question. How can I use different views in the datasource designer? I must generate a Lobby element, wich collects the data from two views. I know that I could add the second view over SUBSELECT in the condition Parameter. 
I’ve set up the code in PL/SQL and it works fine when I can enter two views in the FROM statement. If I try to generate the same data but using a SUBSELECT, I receive several different and strange results. Does anybody has a clue, how to collect data from different views in the same Lobby element?
Thanks for your support

Achilles0129

You can, if you use the query builder. Otherwise you can create an IAL with your query and use that in the lobby. 

When using IAL’s, a view is created on user ifsinfo and can be used on Data Source Designer to retrieve data, see below:

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi ADNAN

I created a Link List element and one of those had negative Cash value (example -1223939393.90) the lobby does not show the negative values. IFS 10 version. Here is my community forum link which is not solved yet. Appreciate if you can help with this. Link list -VE value not display

Badge +2

Hello,

option to add ‘Element’ is not visible.  Please see below as highlighted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello,

option to add ‘Element’ is not visible.  Please see below as highlighted.

Hi @VIKASBISA , Try to drag and drop the selected element in to your lobby page area.

Badge +1

Can we find / define the Help Text from the Lobbies somehere?

Hi Anna,

You can change the Help text in a Lobby element designer, descriptive text box. I am not sure if this function is available in IFS Aurena?

Badge +1

Hi @ADNAN,

I have a question. How can I set the background image of the lobby to fit to the screen?
If I add a small custom picture, it will duplicate it, if I add a large picture, then the huge part of the picture will be outside of the screen. I don’t see any option to choose the size of the background or use a ‘fit’ option.

IFS 10 UPD8:

Thanks.

Zoltan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

How do I create a lobby page shortcut?

and a Custom Menu shortcut ?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

How do I create a lobby page shortcut?

and a Custom Menu shortcut ?

Thanks!

You mean a shortcut to a lobby page? Just open the page and then create the shortcut. In IEE you do it by RMB - Add in the shortcut panel. In Aurena you do it by clicking add bookmark.

It’s not possible to add a shortcut to a specific menu, just to the screen where the menu is available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, 

Hope you are doing good.

Question here. How the lobby page could be used with custom menu?

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Anmise,

I don’t see the RMB on my IEE screen? any idea?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Got it! Thanks @anmise 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Query Builder with table JOIN issue in Aurena Apps10

Can Aurena (Apps 10, U9)

display a Lobby Data Element with a Data Source of type QUERY BUILDER that joins two tables?  We have this working in IEE, but same user only sees an “X”  on the lobby page even though permissions AND projections are set properly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ADNAN 

Is there any IFS Aurena bug in the lobby “Sales Manager”? When opening this lobby in Aurena, it throws error but on IEE it works fine.

Error on Aurena​​​​​​

IFS version - 10 UPD10

Thanks.

Badge +1

I’m having trouble with formatting on bar and line graph lobby elements between IEE and Aurena. I am using When I look at the element in IEE it looks proper:

Looking at the same element in Aurena presents a gap between two results (note gap between Alain Prost and Applications Owner):

The element is set to Aurena as is the lobby itself. This is only observed when using the Multiple Series capability in the element.

Badge +1

Thank you, I was able to massage the data and get the desired result. Each representative ID now has a record with all relevant statuses, eliminating the gap. For reference to others, the relevant data now looks like this:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Adnan,

Is it possible to create a calculation of  two or more fields in the lobby?

For instance :  Inventory value (1) ,    open supplier orders (2) ,  total  inventory exposure (1+2)

Thanks. 

Stan

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello, 
I have a few questions regarding the lobby : 
1. I want to create a DataSource that will get me the name of all the customers and their last order number.
Since we will have to make a join, is it possible to do this with the "Query Builder"? Or do I have to go through the creation of an IAL?

2. I have created a "PIE CHART" element that groups customers by country: 

Under IEE, when I click for example on "FRANCE". I am redirected to the "Client" screen and the list of French clients is displayed. This is possible thanks to the "Use data source condition" box.
On the other hand, for Aurena, even if I check this box and I fill the field "Web access URL Address" in this way : 

I get this error: 

What do I have to do for the redirection to work in Aurena?

Thanks in advance ! 

How do I lock lobbies down so people can’t edit them? I don’t mean “personalization mode”, which lets users modify a lobby to suit their taste. On the attachment, it’s the icon with the person and a small lock. I mean config mode, the icon that’s just a lock. I’ve looked through all the documentation and all it talks about regarding security on lobbies is how to give rights to the various elements on a lobby. I know how to do that. I cannot figure out how to prevent users from editing them in config mode. 

Badge +1

Hello,

Can I also use my own views without generating an IAL object?
If so, what permissions must be assigned to the view? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @XitSakunE ,

Within Aurena interface if you navigate to the Document Management → My Documents screen IFS will display the lobby you are asking about within Aurena.  In IEE the Document Management lobby is now connected to the My Documents screen so it automatically is displayed.

Regards,

William Klotz

Thank you so much William for the support!
Best Regards,
Sakun Edirisinghe