Question

import fields from an excel file into a custom lu

• 5 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hello , 
I'd like to import data (custom fields exported from a standard table) into a custom table, I've tried migration data .

In history job :

during execution I saw the imported fields but when I look at the lu in question no field has been imported .

I wonder if I should change the procedure?

thanks in advance

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

hi @maryadu28 
Please check this topic Migration Job - Custom Field | IFS Community

there this documentation is reffered: 
Excel Migration_Guidelines.PDF (insided.com)

Badge +3

Hello,

Thanks for your response but the link does not work 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello @maryadu28 ,

i attached 2 documents to this message. Are you able to open those?

The topic i refferd to is called “Migration Job - Custom Field” and is posted by “Ntaylor”

Hope this helps.

Badge +3

Sorry, I'm a real beginner, but if I want to import an excel file into a custom empty table, I'll do excel migration? What procedure do I use?

Badge +3

I'm coming back to you about importing data from excel, so I've followed the documentation :

then I run the job , download the file, get a message saying that the 20 rows have been inserted, but when I consult the table in question I can't find the rows. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Migration jobs usually have 2 steps. Import data into a temp table, Copy the data from the temp table into the IFSAPP table. Make sure you run both steps.

Badge +3

I followed the doc, yes you're right the data is inserted into a table but which one I don't know.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Sorry, I'm a real beginner, but if I want to import an excel file into a custom empty table, I'll do excel migration? What procedure do I use?