Solved

Migration Job - Custom Field

• 21 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi all,

I am currently in the middle of creating a simple migration job to update a Price List. I have created a .csv file that contains the 5 columns of data required for the import. This currently works fine.

The second migration job takes care of the copy from the custom table containing the data from the 5 columns and imports into the sales_price_list_part table. It is here that I am having trouble.

1 of the 5 columns is data destined for a custom field within the sales_price_list_part table. Because of this I have selected the custom field view in my method list. By default it selects the standard (non custom) version of the API. In this instance I only want to import new rows.

When I navigate to Source Mapping it has now auto-populated the available fields from the CFV.

As you can see I have all the relevant defaults added etc as well as the source columns linked. Importantly please note that Pos 260 contains the CF$_CUST_LEAD_TIME field which I have linked to LEAD_TIME.

When I run the migration job I have deliberately set 4 rows to report incorrectly causing an error so I can view the data that the job is parsing.

As you can see above the last line shows the LEAD_TIME data pulling through as 56. The data pulled from the spreadsheet shows that all entries have a number assigned to the LEAD_TIME. The interesting part here is that when I view the imported data on the Price List -> ​​​​​​​Part Based tab the results all show no lead time.

I have tried setting a default value of ‘1’ on the custom field instead of linking to my source data and I still get no data returned.

I have also tried changing the API being used in the method list to the CFP rather than the API equivalent but that causes a different issue.

I am hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction or can advise whether or not migrating data into a custom field is possible as I have never attempted it before.

Regards
​​​​​​​Nathan

icon

Best answer by Ravindu Suriarachchi 21 January 2020, 15:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @ntaylor 

Refer to the “Handling LUs with Custom Fields” section in the attached document where you can find instructions regarding this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @RavinduS 

Thanks for the quick reply,

Looking at the document provided it primarily points down the migration via Excel Add-In route rather than the upload file to intermediary table and then into IFS route however it put me on the right path regarding the Method List and how to correctly add the CFV/CFP with the correct method attributes. I also found the attached document as well which filled in the last 5%.

Regards

Nathan

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @RavinduS 

Looking at the document provided it primarily points down the migration via Excel Add-In route rather than the upload file to intermediary table and then into IFS route however it put me on the right path regarding the Method List and how to correctly add the CFV/CFP with the correct method attributes. I also found the attached document as well which filled in the last 5%.

Regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Please may i know if you managed to sort this issue out. I am almost in a same scenario.

A custom Field in SALES_PRICE_LIST_PART

and now i want to update the sales price lists using migration job. Created a normal migration job using SALES_PART_LIST_PART_CFV and import from file, i get below error

ORA-01003: no statement parsed

Any help would be appreciated. I am also looking at the documents linked.

Regards,

Fahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @RavinduS 

Regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Please may i know if you managed to sort this issue out. I am almost in a same scenario.

A custom Field in SALES_PRICE_LIST_PART

and now i want to update the sales price lists using migration job. Created a normal migration job using SALES_PART_LIST_PART_CFV and import from file, i get below error

ORA-01003: no statement parsed

Any help would be appreciated. I am also looking at the documents linked.

Regards,

Fahim

Hi Fahim,

I did manage to get this working using the attached documents above. As the solution is already posted I shall message you privately to share what I have personally done. If it ends up being that I have done something that adds value to the above then let me know and I will add to this thread.

Regards
Nathan

Badge +3

Hi @RavinduS 

Regards

Nathan

the additional documentation noted here is what helped me solve my similar migration job issue.  having an example of multiple custom fields defined in the source mapping with the example for the DUMMY column is what I was missing!