Solved

Purchase Requisition convert to single Purchase Order

• 29 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Team,

If a customer is converting two Purchase Req Lines to a Purchase Order from the “Purchase Requisitions Lines” window, the expectation is that if the Supplier is the same for both PO Reqs that IFS would create a single Purchase Order with both lines.

They are not always experiencing the Purchase Req Lines consolidating in this behavior. Sometimes when there are two Purchase Requisition Lines for the same Supplier it is creating two Purchase Orders instead of a single PO.

Any thoughts why this might be?

Thank you,

Alex

icon

Best answer by darren j turner 30 January 2024, 09:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Doesn’t standard add to order cater this one?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Not only does the supplier need to be the same, but also the buyer id and order proc type need to match to merge into a single purchase order.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Alex_Mee ,

When you convert a requisition to a purchase order, you have three options: you can let the system add requisition lines to the first available purchase order(s), add requisition lines to a given purchase order, or create a new purchase order. However, if no appropriate purchase order exists, the system creates a new purchase order. You can only choose between creating a new order, or letting the system automatically pick which existing order should be used when the requisition has several lines with different suppliers.

• Auto Select: The system adds the requisition lines to the first available orders. If no appropriate purchase order exists, a new one is created.
  • Add to Order: If the requisition lines have the same supplier and a proper purchase order exists, they will be displayed in the lower part of the page. Select the line of the purchase order to which you want to add the requisition line. In the Purchase Order No field, the number of the selected purchase order will be displayed. Click Add to Order.
  • Create New: A new purchase order is created. If you want to you can enter a purchase order number in the Purchase Order No field, and the purchase order will be created with this number. When you are handling several suppliers, a purchase order is created for each supplier. If you enter a purchase order number in the Purchase Order No field, this number will be used for the last line in the requisition. For the other lines the system will create the numbers.

Hence, if the ‘Create New’ option selected after selecting multiple Purchase Requisition Lines (for the same Supplier), a single Purchase Order will created with multiple Purchase Orders lines corresponding to the each Purchase Requisition Line.

Do you have an idea of the situations where this consolidation does not happen?

Thanks,
Kethaka

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Kethaka,

I appreciate your response, but I don’t believe that is the question I am asking. I am aware that there are those three options when converting a Purchase Req to a Purchase Order.

The question I have is:

“Pretend you are converting two different Purchase Requisition Lines with different due dates from the “PURCHASE REQUISITION LINES window”, and both have the same Supplier.  How does IFS decide to consolidate those two different Purchase Requisition Lines into a single Purchase Order?

Thank you,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @HoiJewelP , we are aware of the manual way to “Add to Order”. The question is around the automatic consolidation that can take place on the “Purchase Requisition Lines” window.  What are the parameters or setting around controlling how this will operation?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @HoiJewelP , we are aware of the manual way to “Add to Order”. The question is around the automatic consolidation that can take place on the “Purchase Requisition Lines” window.  What are the parameters or setting around controlling how this will operation?

Hi @Alex_Mee , I believe automatic consolidation will  CRIM . Parameter to consider, 

1. Same Supplier
  2. Buyer ID
  3. Coordinator 
  4. Available PO for same supplier with PO status “Planned”

Regards,

Jewel

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Alex_Mee check to see on the two purchase requisition lines that one doesn’t have a supplier contact vs the other. that would generate two separate  PO’s I believe as it views it as different set up.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Rcoubrou yes, but the Supplier Contact is defaulted from the Supplier Contact. Since the Supplier is the same on the requisitions, that shouldn’t be a variable.

Thanks all for the help, I better understand the variables driving this behavior.

Alex

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Alex_Mee  in version 9 anyhow, there is a column for contact. it may default but if user removes it on one line this happens

two different PO’s 

so why I mentioned it

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Rcoubrou  Thats a really good point. It would have to be someone manually changing or omitting the Supplier Contact but that is a true business case that could cause this.

Thank you for that insight, very valuable.