Solved

Change unit for inventory part Apps9

• 3 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the unit for an inverntory part?

In the application the unit i locked but is there a workaround to change the unit?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Rasika Lakmal 6 September 2021, 11:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@TRCEISFELT you can use the different UOM in master part record. If the part is an inventory part, you can use a unit in the part ledger other than the one indicated in the inventory part record. When you are entering a new part record, this field is required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @TRCEISFELT ,

Based on our experience with IFS Application 8 and 10 the unit of measure on the inventory part can not be changed.   Now if you’ve just created the inventory part and have no transactions against it you could delete it and recreate the inventory part.

You could look into defining an input UOM group and attaching it to the inventory part.  Take a look these links to get an idea of what input UOM groups can accomplish.

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/MaintainInventory/ActivityEnterInputUoMGroups.htm?StandAlone=true

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/MaintainInventory/ActivityConInputUoMGroup.htm?StandAlone=true

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi both! Thank you for your answers!

@Rasika Lakmal - But even if I change the UOM in the master part record, the unit will not be updated for the inventory part, right? I’ve tested this and the unit is still the same for the inventory part all though I changes the UOM for the master part record. So I guess i can not be changed after you’ve already created the inventory part with a unit, correct?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@TRCEISFELT Yes. Once you created the inventory part, the UOM cannot be changed. If you need to create same inventory part for another site, master part UOM will be considered.