Solved

Unable to Change Serial Object Owner and Part Catalog Desc

• 23 February 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

A similar question has been written in the post below. But I had to create a new post because the post is closed.

@Garak @Chathuri Peiris 

Question 1

For example;

* Material with serial number TT01012005 was sold to customer C123456 on 2005/01/01.
* On 2008/01/01, customer C123456 sold material with serial number TT01012005 to company X.
* Company X called me as the manufacturer of the material it purchased; It asked if I could create/create a technical service service.

I did not make the sale to Company X. C123456 company made the sale. How do I change customer ownership of object serial number TT01012005?

Question 2

I can't change the part catalog description because there are serial materials waiting to create serial objects. Is there an option for that?

What is the purpose of this control!?

Equipment_Serial_API:

serial_state_ := PART_SERIAL_CATALOG_API.Get_Objstate(newrec_.part_no, newrec_.mch_serial_no);
IF (NOT serial_state_ IN ('InFacility', 'InRepairWorkshop', 'Contained', 'InInventory')) THEN
Error_SYS.Appl_General(lu_name_, 'OBJNOSERIALSTATE: Financial Object No (:P1) can not be change because Serial Status is not in "In Facility", "Contained", "In RepairWorkshop" or "In Inventory".', newrec_.object_no);
END IF;

Thank you!
Regards,
Barış

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 6 March 2023, 14:45

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Baris,

I don’t really know… @Martin Harris  can you get someone to answer this.  I don’t know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@baris.halici ,

I think you can handle the steps which are descibed In the post you mention.

Difference is that you did not sell the equipment, so I would say that from step 10 you can follow some different steps. After changin the ownership, you can issue the part again on the same Work Order as created in step 2. Hope this helps you out.

For question 2 I do not know why there is this restriction.

Good luck,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks @JerryB , I’ve passed this on to the programme manager responsible. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you everyone for the replies.

@EqeRobertK 

I do not sell the part to company X. My customer sells to X Company.

I need some more details about the solution.

Regards

Barış

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Baris,

I need clarification on question 1 on what you mean by “Company X called me as the manufacturer of the material it purchased; It asked if I could create/create a technical service service.”

As explained in post https://community.ifs.com/assets-asset-management-44/how-to-change-serial-objective-owner-14706 you need to take extra steps to move the object from facility to inventory (through a work Order) and then transfer between customers.

Is the ownership of part still with customer C123456?

Question 2

You can change the part description in Master Part > Part page.

Please get back if you have further questions.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thank you everyone for the replies.

@EqeRobertK

I do not sell the part to company X. My customer sells to X Company.

I need some more details about the solution.

Regards

Barış

Hi Baris,

I understand that you did not sell it to Company X, but to change toe ownershio, you need ad least a Customer ID for Company X. You do not need a customer order, but you need a work order to receive and issue the part. You need to receive the part first, then you can change the ownership. After changing the ownership, you can issue it again.

I agree with you that there should be an easier way, maybe good to create an idea on this community. I would suggest a commant button (Right mouse button) ‘Change Ownership’ on teh Equipment Object.

Good luck,

Robert 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you everyone for answers.

@ereslk @EqeRobertK,

We can change customer ownership after we have the serial part in stock. But, what should we do to get it out of stock?
I need to resolve this before a financial transaction occurs. Creating a sales order is incorrect. This is a financial transaction. Is there a different way?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@baris.halici ,

As mentioned in my previous comment, you can use the same Work Order to issue the part as well. You do not need a Customer Order. So, from step 10 (see How to change Serial Objective Owner as you mentioned in your question) you should do the following:

1. So go to the material tab of the work order and create a new material requistion.
  2. Then create a new line for the same part and qty 1
  3. Release the material requisition 
  4. Manual issue and select the correct serial number, now it is not in stock anymore
  5. Go back to the Serial Object window and note that the Ownership has changed to the second customer.
  6. As an additional check, notice the record for relevant part serial history as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@baris.halici,

As @EqeRobertK mentions you could use the Work Order material issue to get the pat out of the stock.

But this also creates inventory transactions as there is a material issue transaction on the work order.

Hope this answer you question.

Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you @EqeRobertK @ereslk 

But, I have one more problem.
Changes of some data before and after starting operations:

Before Transfer of Ownership:
Part Serial Current Position: InFacility
Part Serial Operational Status: In Operation
Later:
Part Serial Current Position: Issued
Part Serial Operational Status: Out of Operation

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@baris.halici after issuing from Work order the it will be

Part Serial Current Position: Issued
Part Serial Operational Status: Out of Operation

But if you navigate to Report In Work Order > select Place Serial In Equipment Structure and place the issued serial In facility the position and status should change as below:

Part Serial Current Position: InFacility
Part Serial Operational Status: In Operation

Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ereslk,

Unfortunately, it cannot be done. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@baris.halici ,

Was the original object not in a structure? If you want to place the Serial object in the facitity, you need to place it in a structure. 

You can make a Functional object ‘CUSTOMERS’ for example with an object level which allows serials, then you can place the serial object underneath this object (in the area ‘Serial to Place’)

Please let me know how the structure is set up for these objects.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@baris.halici , 

I had another thought on this. I do not exactly know how you are creating the serial objects and I also do not exactly know what you want to achieve. But if you just want to make sure you can plan service for the new company, you also can just add a new customer to the parties tab of the serial object. So leave the customer owner as is, this is an indication to which company you sold the object. 

With adding the partie ‘Customer’ to the Serial Object, I think you can do all service related work for that new company.

Please let me know what it is what you want to achieve.

BR, Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@baris.halici ,

As mentioned in my previous comment, you can use the same Work Order to issue the part as well. You do not need a Customer Order. So, from step 10 (see How to change Serial Objective Owner as you mentioned in your question) you should do the following:

1. So go to the material tab of the work order and create a new material requistion.
  2. Then create a new line for the same part and qty 1
  3. Release the material requisition 
  4. Manual issue and select the correct serial number, now it is not in stock anymore
  5. Go back to the Serial Object window and note that the Ownership has changed to the second customer.
  6. As an additional check, notice the record for relevant part serial history as well.

Hello All,

I was able to change Client ownership without moving the serial object to inventory. I did this with a customization. I used the existing database procedure. I can share the details via PM.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Barış

Badge

I agree with you that there should be an easier way, maybe good to create an idea on this community. I would suggest a commant button (Right mouse button) ‘Change Ownership’ on teh Equipment Object.

Badge

I was able to change Client ownership without moving the serial object to inventory. I did this with a customization. I used the existing database procedure.  panoramacharter.ltd