Solved

Knowledge base and Process Flow and KB with sharepoint

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

1/ Is there a way to use the knowledge base with process flow  ?

For instance, we could use a process flow SQL to generate a list and then another one to send / to put the list in the knowledge base (directory used by the knowledge base)

2/ Could we  linked the knowledge base to a sharepoint ? if yes could you share the prerequisite to do that or something that help to implement.

Thanks and Regards 

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 8 January 2024, 10:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

The Alliance Knowledge Base service can be configured for non-Alliance repositories to create new indexes.  This is described in the Building and Updating Knowledge Base Indexes.pdf.

So, my thought is that you would need to have your process flow create an export file or integration to another tool to create the file in the designated folder path for the Knowledge Base to include that list in the indexes.

However, linking Sharepoint to the knowledge base is not something I have encountered or been asked.  I am not sure there is any documentation available regarding how to use the knowledge base service from an external application like SharePoint.  I am inquring with R&D on this aspect.

Otherwise, doesn't SharePoint also maintain its own indexes for designated shared folder resources?  I don't see that you would need to use the Alliance Knowledge Base service to pull information that SharePoint itself could generate once the files have been generated?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

Thanks Phil for your answer.

For your last question : The goal is to share data with technicians in mobility and in Alliance.

As they have access to the knowledge base, we could put files in the knowledge base, but we need a solution to automate the process. Aslo, with this way, we avoid the usage of various applications in the field. 

As far as I know we cannot share data (excel file) in the messenger or with another way.directly in alliance. (except an email, but it’s outside).

Thanks and Regards

antony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Ok, so your use case is to share this list via KB in the mobile and backend clients.  Not sure why you thought to use SharePoint (your second question) as this is not needed if you get this list in the KB itself by depositing it a KB indexed folder.

We do not have a process/api to access the KB externally from the Alliance KB service as I inquired on this aspect with R&D.  They did not think so and were checking internally with another resource but again not likely.

Kind regards,

Phil