Solved

Import for updating PriceBook prices

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

Using V15.4.2 currently and we had the wrong prices imported into  a PriceBook ready for 2024 and they now need to be changed.  The import sheet in Alliance will not allow me to overwrite those prices with the corrected ones, it runs through but afterwards I find the prices are not changed.

If I try to delete those prices, i only have the option to delete the products, which also removes ALL pricing.

Does anyone know a way to either:

• Delete pricing from a PriceBook for a list of products but ONLY for those with a specified FROM DATE?
  • Or how to replace current prices with revised ones?

I need this for Products and Activities please.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 6 December 2023, 13:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Chris - I am just responding as I have been monitoring this post and have the same Pricing import problem running 15.4.5. Have you had any response to this or determined any other solution? 

Thanks, Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris (and Sean),

I believe this API might work for you:

<root xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
<session email="" alias="">
<state bc_name="product">
<action name="data">
<product>
<row number="1">
<bpart_id dtype="string" in_var="" out_var="">018080000</bpart_id>
</row>
</product>
<bpartprice>
<row number="1">
<price>400</price>
<bo_search_keys>
<item>
<name>pbookh_id</name>
<value>00000017</value>
</item>
<item>
<name>pbookl_fr_date</name>
<value>12/1/2023</value>
</item>
</bo_search_keys>
</row>
</bpartprice>
</action>
</state>
</session>
</root>

Note, the second search key for the pbookl_fr_date is only necessary if you need to update a single specific row when there are multiple prices for the product on different dates.  If you only have a single row or don't care that all the row prices are updated, you can remove this search key.

Hope this works for you but if needing further API development assistance, this should be requested as a Services billable task.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Thank you, we’ll give it a go.