Solved

Custom display

• 19 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi All , 

Has anyone created custom display fields in Alliance 15.4.

I wanted to create a column with serial number so it displays the serial number of the product(s) in this list , to make it easier for engineers to find the physical part in the warehouse .

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 19 October 2023, 11:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

In what module do you want to display this list of serial numbers?

Haven't tried this but please provide more details about the source of the serial numbers and how they will be maintained and where you want to see this list displayed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI,

Sorry, I did not see the attachment… I am taking a look what is possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I believe this is what you are looking for:

To do this, you need to be a customizer, go to the demand material page and customize the initial screen.

You will see an option above the column titles to add a field (the + symbol).  First highlight the Status column on the right so it is selected and then click the +.  Fill in the properties as follows:

Save, test, and publish the customization.

This was done with v15.4 SU5 but also should be possible with SU4.  You could also think about making it even easier by adding the bin to the columns using the same method.

Hope this helps!

Badge +6

Many Thanks  Phil , that's what I was looking for had tried adding a field but give the below error , this is the SA account used to upgrage to SU5

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

That error message means the administrator account credentials defined in the global.xml which you edit with the Configuration Editor is not correct for the profile’s Database section.  Most likely you have the wrong password there for the account s-aa-db-admin.

If you open the Configuration Editor and then go to where you define the database connection for the profile, you will see on the bottom in the list shown on the right side the administrator account and password.  For the password, click on the … on the right and enter the correct password twice (confirmation) and save.  Do not type in the password directly without going through that … icon button as it will not be hashed properly.

This should take care of the login error according to what I see in your last message.

Good luck!

Badge +6

Hi,

That error message means the administrator account credentials defined in the global.xml which you edit with the Configuration Editor is not correct for the profile’s Database section.  Most likely you have the wrong password there for the account s-aa-db-admin.

If you open the Configuration Editor and then go to where you define the database connection for the profile, you will see on the bottom in the list shown on the right side the administrator account and password.  For the password, click on the … on the right and enter the correct password twice (confirmation) and save.  Do not type in the password directly without going through that … icon button as it will not be hashed properly.

This should take care of the login error according to what I see in your last message.

Good luck!

Thanks That fixed it :).