icon

Best answer by RutJWhalen 14 April 2021, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi,

I found 2 similar cases for the same issue and it was due to UPD level mismatch.

Need more information.

What is the content of this delivery? Is it a Patch correction?

Also what is your current UPD level of this environment?

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@thallk 

Thank you for your reply.

Delivery 18 is the Payroll Update part 2.   

We are on Apps 10 UPD 8.

Thanks 

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@thallk 

Only appears in install.tem file, line 821 see attached text file.

Checked Delivery 17 and Delivery 19 install.tem files and the line for EXEC Object_Connection_SYS.Apply_Default_Definitioins__; does not exist in any of them.

Checked OBJECT_CONNECTION_SYS and Apply_Default_Definitions__ does not exist in it, see attached text file.

Do you think I would be able to continue and install Delivery 19, this is a fix for Payroll Postings issue.

Any ideas.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi,

Object_Connection_SYS.Apply_Default_Definitions__ has introduced from UPD9 and you are receiving the error from the installer as this method does not exists in your current version of  UPD8.

Looks like the delivery you are installing uses some framework code which was released after UPD8 .

May be you are installing this delivery out of sequence and you have missed the latest UPD delivery which should install prior to this.

If this delivery 18 was sent from IFS ,better report this issue to have a closer look.

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@thallk Thank you for your replies.

All our deliveries installation are up to date and have been processed in the order they have been made available on our customer ftp site:

I have updated our case:  G2239183-A 

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@thallk 

How did the 2 other customers resolve the issue?

Regards

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi John,

I fund 2 cases for similar issue and both are from a single customer who was upgraded from UPD7 to UPD10.

Issue has occurred when installing a delivery in Customers test prior to UPD10 delivery, which is not compatible with UPD7.

So they have resolved this by skipping this delivery and installing UPD10 delivery directly.

Since you have already reported this ,respective team will look into this and provide you a solution.

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

A revised install.tem was provided with the following item removed as we are currently on UPD8:

BEGIN
 Object_Connection_SYS.Apply_Default_Definitions__;
END;