Solved

Ship samples to prospects

• 28 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Is it possible to send samples to ‘Prospects’?

Our samples would be Serialized and tracked in order for us to know where they are so they can return at the appropriate moments. For customers this is all easy, but what about prospects that are not yet converted to customers?

Is it possible to create some kind of shipment so we can track the samples being sent to them? Or is it mandatory to convert the prospect to a customer despite the fact that they have not (and maybe will not) do a purchase?

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 28 September 2021, 15:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Timmermans Roel I tried sending ‘free of charge deliveries’ to prospects by raising a CO, but a CO didnt support entering a prospect. So what I had to do was convert prospect to customer, tick the ‘free of charge’ tickbox in the CO line and deliver only. 

I think ‘free of charge’ feature is available from IFS10 onwards. You can either define the Tax paying party for this ( either Company or Customer) at company level. 

Say after sending samples, if the business is not continued with the newly converted customer, you might want to expire them in IFS

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Timmermans Roel did you consider reaching out to IFS Support to develop this as a bug maybe? In my view, you have a solid business case to send samples to prospects. That should be possible without converting a prospect to a customer I suppose. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @EnzoFerrari,

I think you are right, but I did not consider to report this to IFS (yet). For the time being, our customer is ok with doing it with the workaround.

Best Regards

Roel