Skip to main content
Question

Material Transfer Request allocating cost to Correct Project

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello All,

I’m working with a Customer on the following: 

Planned Netting Groups have been set up and they run Project MRP.  Both project require the same part number, which results in a single Purchase Requisition being created for the part. (This is great!)

A Material Transfer Request is also created to transfer the required quantity to the other project. This is shown in Inv Part Availability Planning window. (This is also great!)

The downside is that ALL of the Inventory Cost is shown on the single project for “Planned Committed Cost”

See screenshot:

And none of Inventory Cost is shown on the other project in the Planned Committed Cost.

See screenshot:

BUT IPAP Window shows the MTR request. Why doesn’t it transfer the cost to the Planned Committed Cost field to the correct project?

Thank you,

Alex

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Alex_Mee,

As per your screenshot I can see that the MTR is still in “Planned” state. This means the stocks are still under the first project, so the cost should be absorbed by that project only.

Have you processed the MTR and transferred the stocks to the other project ? Still the cost are not transferred to the other project ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Tharindu Illangasinghe ,

I appreciate your response, and you are correct the status is still “Planned”. After testing it does appear the cost of the material will not get transferred to the other project from the MTR until it is 100% complete. 

The customer I am working with has the MTR set to automatic approve, so once the Purchase Order is received into stock the MTR is executed. So in their vision they would like the MTR to transfer the cost even when its in a “Planned” State. It seems like this is not standard functionality for IFS and we will have to find a work around.

Thank you for the help!