Question

Purchase Order Printing (Operational Report)

• 30 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have created a Crystal Report version of the PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP Operational Report for Purchase Orders.

However, on the Purchase Order line there is a field PROMISED_DELIVERY_DATE.  We wish to print this field but it isn’t available in PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP.  Is there a way of adding this field to the report? 

I initially tried creating a link to PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_PART but this invalidates the report and it fails.  I know you cannot add custom fields to the PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP.   Can you advise how I can achieve adding other field(s).   Can I create a IAL and link this to the PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

You can try adding it as a custom field. Then it most likely pop up in de xml.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

That worked for me when the report is built in IFS Report Designer.

The only way I can see is to create an IAL with the information required and then adding this IAL to the Crystal Report.  

Unfortunately, although it works in Crystal Reports but when the report is added to the Purchase Order Report Definition and then select a Purchase Order and Print I receive an error that the TEST_IAL view does not exist.

If I open PL/SQL and run:   SELECT * FROM ifsinfo.TEST_IAL I can view the data without any issues.

Am I missing a GRANT or something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

A quick update.

After carrying out:

GRANT ALL ON  {IAL} TO IFSPRINT.

And in the Crystal Report adding the suffix _I for the IAL

The Crystal Report is being displayed but no data is being displayed from the IAL when it is run in IFS whereas if you run the Crystal Report on it’s own outside IFS the data from the IAL is being displayed. 

There are no errors being reported.

What am I missing?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This exceeds my level of expertise, sorry.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I’m fairly certain IAL’s do not work in Operational Reports - To get around this you would create a custom view as shown in the file I attached to this post: https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/error-previewing-crystal-report-in-ifs-623#post2412

For what you are trying to do though, would it not just be easier to create an SQL expression?

P.s. I’m also not sure why you are getting the error when you connected in the PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_PART - as long as you are linking by ORDER_NO, LINE_NO and RELEASE_NO you should be fine 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

While creating IAL from PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP its giving error “could not create table for replication” while using “customer_order_conf_rep” there is no such issue. We have created many Crystal reports using REP first time getting this error. We don't have developer license and there was some modification to standard report could that be reason?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I’m just curious why you had to resort to CR layout path and not use the designer layout. True - Report Designer is a terrible tool and would take ages to do even minor changes, but if you invest time on it, you can actually create very professional and neat reports using it. They will be more robust and faster than using CR layout. Plus you could easily use a custom field to get the new column across to the report.

Like @CallumW has mentioned, you’re better off creating a separate view using the same statement in the IAL. Optionally a quick and dirty option would be to modify the view PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP and add an extra column for your new field. Keep record of the standard view in case you need to revert to it. While this changes the standard code, you might be potentially voiding warranty ;)