Handling of Basic Data Translation IFS 9 - Add new Logical Unit

• 20 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 18 replies

Hi Community,

we are currently getting more into translations and are checking the possibilities in the system and the best approach to handle our needs.

We are also working with ‘Basic Data Translation’ but are missing some logical units in there. Is there a way to add Logical Units (not Component) ourselves? Or do I have to request this from our IFS consultant and do a full package installation routine? The Logical Units exist in the system, but are not available in this form.

We are using IFS Apps 9 UPD16

Thanks

icon

Best answer by SarangaLiyanage 25 May 2021, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I managed to add the component and the logical unit using the method ‘ LANGUAGE_SYS_IMP_API.New__’ and used it for Basic Data translation. 

For example, following is the script that I used to add the Engineering Change Request Level to the Basic Data Translation Header.

DECLARE

attr_ VARCHAR2(32000):=NULL;
  info_       VARCHAR2(32000);
  objid_          VARCHAR2(32000);
  objversion_     VARCHAR2(32000);
  action_        VARCHAR2(32000):='DO';

BEGIN
  CLIENT_SYS.Clear_Attr(attr_);

CLIENT_SYS.Add_To_Attr('MODULE', 'PDMCON', attr_);
  client_sys.Add_To_Attr('LU', 'EcoRequestLevel', attr_);
  client_sys.Add_To_Attr('TYPE', 'Basic Data', attr_);
  client_sys.Add_To_Attr('USE_TRANSLATION_DB', 'TRUE', attr_);
  client_sys.Add_To_Attr('SHOW_PROG_LANGUAGE_DB', 'TRUE', attr_);
  client_sys.Add_To_Attr('USE_TRANSLATION_EDITED_DB', 'FALSE', attr_);

LANGUAGE_SYS_IMP_API.New__(info_, objid_, objversion_, attr_, action_);

END;

I used this along with an RMB option at the Basic data window in order to give the user ability to enter the translations along with the basic data entry.

Hope this  helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@SarangaLiyanage 

Hi Saranga,

that helps a lot. In the meantime,we also contacted IFS and got a solution from one of the consultants, but yours is even more detailed.

Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Saranga,

This is just a small part of the solution.

This just allows to manually administrate the translations for basic data in Basic data translation. 

But the translations will not be used anywhere in the system. The following is missing in client and/or server code:

• Function to Create and update of a basic data translation, when description is created or changed in basic data of the logical unit
  • translated descriptions are not fetched to the basic data form or any other form where the basic data is used
    • Logical_unit ….’API.get_description(Attribute_key, language_code) is missing.

Johannes