Question

Creating Count Reports of Random parts

• 18 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I know how to create Count reports, is there a way to pick an amount randomly?

3 replies

Badge

I just want to say that Yes, it is possible to select a random number or "pick an amount randomly" using various programming languages and libraries. Depending on the language you are using, you can use built-in functions such as random.randint() in Python or Math.random() in JavaScript to generate a random number within a specified range. You could then use that random number to select a specific value from your count report. 

Badge

I think it is possible to pick an amount randomly in IFS (Integrated Forecasting and Scheduling). You can use the "Random" function to generate a random number within a specified range, and then use that number to select an item or amount from a list. For example, you could use the "Random" function to generate a random number between 1 and 10, and then use that number to select a random item from a list of 10 items. Additionally, you could use the "Random" function to generate a random number between a certain range of values, and then use that number to select an amount within that range.
MyInste

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There was a similar discussion a few weeks ago, hope that will help: