Solved

How to set permissions for specific users

• 30 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We have a users trying to schedule a report in IFS 9. The user cannot see the specific report when searching for it under “Report to Schedule”. I believe that it is a permission issue for that user. Where in a permission set would I got to give permission to a report?

icon

Best answer by Tharindu 15 May 2020, 19:54

View original

4 replies

You have to grant the corresponding report to that user (via a permission set).  You can find the report easily in the “Navigator” tab and grant it. That will result the necessary database object grants as shown in the second image.

However, it might require some other permissions related to that LU to order the report.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Tharindu ,
I have a similar issue in IFS Cloud.(22R1)

I want to give access to some reports under specific permission sets. Can you please help me to find this similar screen in IFS cloud ? I see its bit  different in IFS cloud, so I cannot find 'Reports’ under presentation object by navigator. 

Thank you. 

All reports are available as projections, so you can search for the report id or report title using projection name and description respectively and grant it accordingly for your permission sets as shown below.

Once you granted the reports to your permission set, then you can see all the report grants (including QRs) under Summary → Reports tab for that permission set.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Tharindu 
Thank you very much for your answer. This solved my issue.