Question

The inventory part in stock object does not exist

• 22 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi all,

When we would like to move inventory part to location, we are getting the error message “The inventory part in stock object does not exist”. And the part could not be moved to another location by reason of the error. The part has serial and lot/batch tracking and no availability control id in stock. What could be reason?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Ozge,

do you have any customizations in place when you try moving them? The error usually appears when you try to do an transaction that requires changes to the inventory part in stock and the keys that have been entered into a function are not found in the database (we built WMS Flows so we encounter this a lot during development). So reasons i can think of are:

• customization
  • corrupted data
  • Seeing that you are on APPs9 where you cannot move reserved stock in standard, did you check reservations?
  • Event that triggers when you try to move and has wrong input (but that should have a “trigger is mutating” error anyways). 

I am sure there are other possibilities, but could you describe a bit more in detail what you are doing exactly? 

Is it an RMB “ Move Part” or a WaDaCo scan or a script or…?

Regards,

Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @Ozge ,

I noticed you’ve tagged Serial Object, on the part linked to the serial object is the Serial Tracking ticked for In Inventory and or At Receipt and Issue?

I ask because we use Serial Objects but do not put them into inventory at all and the parts associated with the serial object is set up as above and when creating the serial object we get the following information message

Just a thought at where to start looking.

Sarah

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Novacura_jst - @sholmes,

Thanks for your answers.

The issue was related to customization.

Thanks