Question

Automatic refill customer consignment stock

• 16 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

hello,

I need to set up a customer consignment stock. I have created customer consignment lines with order points and order qty. I manually created the first refill orders , consumed some parts to check the order point, but after running an MRP calculation and “create order proposal” , IFS doesn’t create any proposal to refill (neither transport task neither customer order).

I think I have missed something, can someone help me ?

Benoit

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Benoit, this process is not MRP/Order proposal related. You are to create refill orders (Customer Orders yourself, where the reorder points helps you to do this when you are below that threshold by means of a dialogue box popup:

Did you get that?

Regards, Roel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Benoit 

For Customer Consignment Stock we cannot expect MRP or Order Proposal to create refills. 
Order Points and Order Qty are defined in the customer consignment stock window for the refill orders created by the customers. These consignment stock are lying at customers premises and I dont think business MRP runs should create refills as you expect. In my understanding, it is incorrect to do so.

It is expected customers of the business to use B2B portal to raise refill orders towards the business. 

See below help text from product documentation for further support,

Badge +1

Hi Benoit, this process is not MRP/Order proposal related. You are to create refill orders (Customer Orders yourself, where the reorder points helps you to do this when you are below that threshold by means of a dialogue box popup:

Did you get that?

Regards, Roel

Hi Roel,

I did get a refill order proposal for each item below order point. I was was hoping, IFS can manage a refill order instead of creating manually x refill orders for each items.

Thank you for your help.

Benoit

Badge +1

Hi @Benoit 

For Customer Consignment Stock we cannot expect MRP or Order Proposal to create refills. 
Order Points and Order Qty are defined in the customer consignment stock window for the refill orders created by the customers. These consignment stock are lying at customers premises and I dont think business MRP runs should create refills as you expect. In my understanding, it is incorrect to do so.

It is expected customers of the business to use B2B portal to raise refill orders towards the business. 

See below help text from product documentation for further support,

Hi Vimukhti,

I understand your position about order proposal, from my point of view, my company signed an agreement to put hundreds part at customer disposal, so it will become a real warehouse task. Customer will report consumptions every week and we are supposed to replenish the stock. Doing, this task manually seems to me worth automatic process and not manual  : 1 customer order generated for each line below the threshold, so 1 preparation, one expedition, one shipment …

We will probably use kanbans to manage the replanissement.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I’m sure now that there is nothing available to do this automatically.

regards,

Benoit