Solved

SQL.INI and GENERAL_SYS of Track 2003-2

• 7 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi All,

I am getting below error while login to the application.

"Error===
IFSAPP.GENERAL_SYS must be declared 
ifsapp^.General_SYS.Init_Centura_Session__( :lsCategoryRestriction, :lsLUList, :lsSettings, :lsUserGlobal, :lsSessionInfo )
Error===

I am tring to login as IFSIMP(app owner) and their is no user clled IFSAPP in the system as mentioned in the error message.

I found below actions from some old cases.

1. Deploy the  'General_SYS'  package and make sure that there are no deployment errors.

- Could not find the above package from harvest to do a fresh deployment.

2. Inspect the 'SQL.INI' file.

INSTRUCTIONS: In these types of error message, the appowner ID is always present before the "GENERAL_SYS.INIT_CENTURA_SESSION_" in the identifier. The fact that there is no User ID identified in this error message means that the system is not 
   recognizing any user ID as the IFS Application Owner. The SQL.INI file probably does not have the appowner identified. There should be a line in the IFSgtwy of this file that reads appowner.[SID]=IFSAPP, for example, appowner.PROD=IFSAPP, for each 
   database that may be connected to...."

- Could not find the 'SQL.INI' file

Need to find the  'SQL.INI' file  and 'General_SYS'  package? or any other tips to resolve the issue.

Thank you in advanced.

Darshana

icon

Best answer by Janitha Jinarajadasa 7 July 2021, 13:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Darshana Herath ,

IFSAPP would not be always the app owner for IFS applications and normally you can create the app owner as IFSIMP or anything else when installing IFS applications for the first time.

I’m guessing you’re referring to a 7.5 or older centura environment here as I remember sql.ini file is normally located in the centura exe location.

Try login from plsql developer as IFSIMP and check if GENERAL_SYS package is invalidated 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Darshana Herath ,

For old environments, usually grants scripts are in the _Misc folder in K: drive [If its not in the _Misc, It should be in the K: drive] Just have a look.

For SQL.ini; Go to Personal folder and select the correct customer folder.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Darshana Herath ,

IFSAPP would not be always the app owner for IFS applications and normally you can create the app owner as IFSIMP or anything else when installing IFS applications for the first time.

I’m guessing you’re referring to a 7.5 or older centura environment here as I remember sql.ini file is normally located in the centura exe location.

Try login from plsql developer as IFSIMP and check if GENERAL_SYS package is invalidated 

Thank you for the information Ruchira

It could find the SQL.INI from the location you mentioned and the GENERAL_SYS from the archive. It was not in the harvest as there were no changes to the file. I had to deploy the package via SQLPLUS as it was encrypted(encrypted package could not deploy vial PLSQL Developer) and the issue could be resolved after successfully deploying the package.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Darshana Herath ,

For old environments, usually grants scripts are in the _Misc folder in K: drive [If its not in the _Misc, It should be in the K: drive] Just have a look.

Thank you for the information Janitha.

Yes, it could find the SQL.INI from the location you mentioned and the GENERAL_SYS from the archive. It was not in the harvest as there were no changes to the file. I had to deploy the package via SQLPLUS as it was encrypted(encrypted package could not deploy vial PLSQL Developer) and the issue could be resolved after successfully deploying the package.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Darshana Herath ,

Is there any possibility to do a clean build for 2003-2 like in APP8> ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Darshana Herath ,

Yes, it should be possible to do a clean build, if not its an issue :slight_smile:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Darshana Herath ,

Yes, it should be possible to do a clean build, if not its an issue :slight_smile:

Please share if you have steps(Track 2003-2) :grin: