Question

Read Survey Answers in Cloud Through BPA

• 10 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

While reading the records from Survey Answers screen through BPA, I get the below error while debugging the workflow. Does any one know why I’m getting this error when the attribute ‘NEXT_SURVEY_ID’ is not part of the entity ‘SurveyAnswers’? 

Also, which entity set should be used to read Survey Answers? If I use the entity set ‘SurveyAnswersSet’, when a survey is created from mWO, it does not trigger the workflow. I’ve tried using both Projection Action and Custom Events.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V, do you get the same error when you try accessing the same projection from postman?

Badge +12

@Lahirumala de Mel

No, in postman if we call the entity set ‘SurveyAnswerSet’, we do not get any error nor any records as shown below.

But I can see there is a difference in the entity sets. In workflow, we get ‘SurveyAnswersSet’ and from API Explorer we get ‘SurveyAnswerSet’. Does that make any difference?

Also, as I mentioned earlier, if I use the entity set ‘SurveyAnswersSet’ with Projection ‘WorkTaskSurvey’, when a survey is created from mWO, it does not trigger the workflow. I’ve tried using both Projection Action and Custom Events. Is this the correct entity set to refer in workflows?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

If there is a difference between API explorer and what you see in workflow designer as the entity set name that should be a bug. When I checked in the latest version of IFS I see the name as SurveyAnswersSet in both workflow designer and API explorer

@Thejaka Niroshan will you be able to shed light on what the correct API to use to capture creating a survey from mWO?

@Priyanka Cecilia V will be helpful if you mention the IFS version as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

@Lahirumala de Mel I’m not familiar with the Survey functionality on the mWO side.
@Priyanka Cecilia V, Is it that you are creating a Maintenance Survey?

Badge +12

Hi, 

@Lahirumala de Mel the version that we are currently in is 23.1.3.

@Thejaka Niroshan Yes, we are creating Maintenance Survey under Service module. I’m trying to trigger a workflow when a new Maintenance Survey is created.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +12

Hi @Lahirumala de Mel 

Do you have any insights on the issue raised earlier? I’m still facing this same error in Cloud version 23.2.3. Please let me know if there is any other API I can use to fetch the Survey Answers.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia