Solved

ORA-00904: : invalid identifier error in loading data through migration job

• 27 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Fellows

Just go stuck with one migration job which i am unable to crack. Keep giving ORA error when creating file in migration job. I know the meaning of this error but after checking the details, its still coming up with same error. 

Here’s the screenshot for better understanding.

This is a sample excel csv file containing data that needed to be added in a table.

I may be missing something but unable to identify the issue. 

Looking for some positive response.

Regards

icon

Best answer by MiLeNL 27 September 2021, 12:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Mirali,

I have tried same setup in out internal core environment(app10) and data loaded successfully. 

No idea on the error without checking further analysing the code. Let’s see if anyone will give some input. 

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Sahan Udana 

Thanks for the reply. I have check in multiple environments but it is coming up with the same error.

What could be the issue? any idea…

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Sahan Udana 

Thanks for the reply. I have check in multiple environments but it is coming up with the same error.

What could be the issue? any idea…

Hi Mirali,

It's due to the SQL keyword which are present in your migration Job. Sahan made an typo in his reference screenshot (VLAUES). But both IDENTITY as VALUES are SQL keywords. If you wish to use them (i suggest using something different it will cause errors in other areas as well), you can keep them between quotes;

Edit: Seems only ‘VALUES’ is an official SQL keyword ;-) But the PL/SQL tool will also highlight the IDENTITY column as such. So only VALUES need to be between double quotes.

Regards,

Mitchel

Badge +15

@Mirali , recreated the same error with above column names in APP10. but when you change the column name values to something like “VALUES1” it was resolved. So the issue is with that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

THanks @MiLeNL and @Manoj Ruwanhewa for responding. 

I have changed the column name and its working now. Thank you both.

Now i am wondering, if there is any way i can view all the official SQL keywords used in IFS applications as a list, so that I’ll be aware of this kind of issue beforehand.

Regards