Skip to main content
Question

Migrating from 7.5 to IFS Cloud - customizations

I'm new to IFS and I have a question regarding migrating or converting custom or custom fields from version 7.5 to IFS Cloud. Is it possible? In version 7.5 was there an "Application Configuration Package"?  Or is there any possibility to convert field customizations?This need exists because we are converting customized reports into Crystal Reports, but most use several customized fields.So we are looking for the best strategy to convert reports that run on version 7.5 to the IFS Cloud version.Thanks

Fernando Z.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@fzgarcia are you sure Custom Fields existed in IFS 7.5? I thought they were introduced in IFS 8 only.

Application Configuration Packages have been introduced in IFS 10, so they don’t exist in IFS 7.5.

However, custom fields (configuration) should work by default when upgrading to IFS Cloud. If what you have are modifications (additional fields created as modification and not using Custom Fields as I don’t think Custom Fields existed in Apps7.5) then you would need to look into converting those to Custom Fields (configuration) for easier maintenance.

Below is a screenshot from the Enhancement Index list which shows Custom Fields have been introduced in Apps8.

Badge +1
Thanks for the answer Marcel.In fact, I was trying to understand if there was any possibility of converting customizations that were made in version 7.5 for a client migration from this version to IFS Cloud, but from what I understand it will not be possible.It will be necessary to check which new fields were created by development in version 7.5 and create them one by one as custom fields in the IFS Cloud version, correct?  (manually).

I need to create these custom fields to be able to convert reports into Crystal Reports that use them in version 7.5 and now when converting to IFS Cloud they will need to exist.

Best regards.

Badge +1

And finally, to understand... as there were no custom fields in the IFS 7.5 version, how were new fields created, with development? And how was it built and delivered? Thanks.