Question

Import translation files Company key values and Basic Data Translation

• 2 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

I want to transfer translations I have done on Company key values and Basic Data Translations and I am not too sure which layer and component to choose. I have tried all the layers and the ENTERP and ACCRUAL for example to get my accounts translation across but I have not been successful.

Thanks for your help and Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

To export translations you have to select “Export Translation File” option and Layer (Core) first.

Then select Main Types to Export (LU/Basic Data), IFS Component (ACCRUL) and Language To Export (English) .

Please see https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/280_localization/040_export_language_files2/default.htm#Export_Translation_Files for more information.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Suneth,

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately, it did not work, it says 0 files exported.

Although I have translations against accounts:

Thanks for your help and Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @asmackenzie,

From the Main Types To Export, select LU → CompanyTemplate and export.

The exported file should contain the company attribute translations.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama,

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

Still the same issue, 0 file exported.

Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @asmackenzie,

Sorry for the mistake. You have to load the translations before export them.  To do that go to Scan Translatable Code page and select Component (ACCRUL) and Layer (Core). Then use the RMB option “Load” in the header and select Type (Company Template Translation), Language (en), Component (ACCRUL) and specify the appropriate company templates and press OK.

After that you can export  translation files. Main Types to Export should be LU/Company Template.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @suneth,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried the steps you mentioned and still no translation came across.

I selected all the company templates. I don’t recognise those company templates, do you know what they stand for?

I have show my problem to Tharushi Disanayaka from IFS and they are now investigating. I will let you know when I get a reply.

Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @asmackenzie ,

But following above scenario I was able to export Accrul_LU_CompanyTemplate-Core-en.trs  with Company Attribute Translations. Make sure you have selected correct Company Templates in the Load dialog. I think second part of the Company Template is the language code. Since you want ‘en’ translations, I have selected both  STD and STD-US. 

Best Regards,

/Suneth

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @suneth ,

Thanks very much. Still no luck.

The file is generated. I import and refresh the langauge cache server but it does not create the translation.

Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie