Solved

IFS Cloud user

• 5 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We are implementing IFS Apps 10 Upd9 on cloud managed services.

We are told by cloud support that for document management the default standard is the Oracle DB storage. How much storage space is  reserved for documents in that case? With the use of the B2B portal and distribution of documents via B2B there are several hundred Terrabytes required. I’m not sure the Oracle DB storage is designed for this. Are there any other options (Azure Blob/File Storage, Shared Drive, etc) ? 

I’m being pointed to https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/CloudOperations/SitePages/Apps-Integrations.aspx

What user do I need to have to access the IFS sharepoint? again .. I’m on the customer side.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 8 March 2021, 16:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @DHCRADPA ,

I would recommend you take a look at this thread and read all the comments.  It seems Oracle DB storage maybe the only option available presently if in Microsoft Azure Cloud.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

From my understanding, currently Oracle FB storage is the only option if the environments are in Azure.

A modification was done for a customer to have MS Sharepoint Sites as a repository. You may want to consider that as an option if DB storage/ Azure storage space is limited. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you  William and Malik. I was expecting the Shared drive option to be available,. Pity the cloud onboarding team did not specify any limitations. We’ll look into creating the B2B portal elsewhere. Even the SharePoint option is limited to 25TB per site.

Cheers, Paul.