Skip to main content
Question

IFS Cloud 23R2 | BPA | Use of Business Rule tasks

• 16 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Dear community,

I am new in IFS Cloud and also new in the BPA / Workflow modeler that’s been integrated.

After making my first experiences (almost all positive) I’ve now started looking into the use of Business Rule Tasks… Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find any documentation about this.

Does any on in the community have any experience with this or knows where to find substantial documentation except for IFS Trainings?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Bart

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @BartGypen 

Hope you are referring the below task as “Business Rule Tasks

This task primarily uses with DMN (Decision Model and Notation) engine. since the DMN engine is not supported in IFS BPA solution, this task function as a 'Service Task.' Therefore, you could use a Service Task instead of a 'Business Rule Task.'

However, we would like to know purpose that you selected the ‘Business Rule Task’ in your Workflow

Below documentation available about frequently use task types with their symbols and most business cases can handle via them

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/050_business_process_modeling/050_common_bpmn_symbols/#common_bpmn_symbols

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Good afternoon Achala,

thank you for your answer.

My business case is the following:

• Depending on the status of an incoming message and a couple of other parameters, we want to set the coordinator of the Customer Order
  • Input Parameters are
    • Site (Contract)
    • Order Value
    • Current Date
    • Wanted Delivery Date
    • Current Coordinator
  • Desired output
    • Future coordinator which depends on the Site, Order Value < <treshhold> / Order Value > <treshhold>, Difference Wanted Delivery Date - Current Date

Not sure how to implement this using a Service Task. Would you have an idea how to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Bart Gypen

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @BartGypen,
probably easiest way is create Custom Logical Unit to store definition, publish it in Projection or Query and then in BPA get record based on conditions from this CLU.

Or write whole logic in Script Task in JavaScript.

Or maybe both approches, when you can prepare query parameters in Script, fetch data from CLU and then validate or postprocess result in another Script.

BR
Filip

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @InfFilipV ,

thank you for your answer. I will try to implement your suggestion!

Thank you so much!

Regards

Bart Gypen