Solved

IFS 10 Override / Overtake Text Translations possible?

• 14 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi!

In version 10 is it possible to Override / Overtake a translation of an object that was created and translated in a lower layer?

e.g., I want my Customization to change the name of an Navigator entry that was created in Core layer.

The only way I could do that was changing the Core translation entry (in Text Translations screen) and exporting and then updating the core .trs file. Not a good practice as I will mess with the Core files and make the Coreupdates harder to be managed.

Would it be possible to do that only using Cust layer (kind of overriding/overtaking the Core translation)? If yes, how?

Regards!

icon

Best answer by Charitha De Silva 15 June 2021, 06:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

As far as my knowledge there is no option to override Core translations. The best option for you in this scenario, is to change the translations, export the relevant .trs files and harvest them such that in every subsequent updates, when the update is being merged, it will prompt to merge the custom translations or keep the Core translations.

Best Regards,

Charitha

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Jefferson Stedile

If you want to change the label of the Navigator entry in Cust layer, you can do a override in Cust for the navigator entry as follows:

----------------------------- NAVIGATOR ENTRIES -----------------------------
navigator {
   @Override
   entry XxxxxxxTopNode toplevel at index 200 {
      label = "Cust Layer Navigator Entry - new Label";
   }
}

So in generated xml, this new label in cust layer will override the label in core. but you need to scan the lng file and upload.

Not sure whether this is what you want to achieve ?

BR

Harshini

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Jefferson Stedile

If you want to change the label of the Navigator entry in Cust layer, you can do a override in Cust for the navigator entry as follows:

----------------------------- NAVIGATOR ENTRIES -----------------------------
navigator {
   @Override
   entry XxxxxxxTopNode toplevel at index 200 {
      label = "Cust Layer Navigator Entry - new Label";
   }
}

So in generated xml, this new label in cust layer will override the label in core. but you need to scan the lng file and upload.

Not sure whether this is what you want to achieve ?

BR

Harshini

Hi Harshini,

Your solution is for Aurena platform right?

Sorry I didn not mention in my first post but my scenario is in C#/Visual Studio.

Anyway thanks for your answer, I will save that.

Regards