Question

HTTP method 'GET' not allowed for this resource comes when saving a configuration in customer order page

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi Community,

One of customer receive below error when saving a small change in the page designer in customer order. The error doesn’t appear in other pages like Shop order. Customer is in  IFS Cloud 22 R1

{"error":{"code":"ODATA_PROVIDER_ERROR","message":"An internal server error occurred. Contact administrator.","details":[{"code":"HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED","message":"HTTP method 'GET' not allowed for this resource."}]}}

In the debug information it shows the above error.

Please let me know if any one came across this error

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Dumeesha Wanigarathna ,

The original error shown in the red toast message seems to be a HTTP 504 (timeout error) which is most likely due to the operation taking too long to execute.

This should not be confused with the second error which I think you have encountered by trying to call the CreateOrReplaceArtifactConfiguration action using the browser address bar as a GET request.

Actions should always be called as a POST. This the reason you are getting a HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED error from the OData provider.   To recreate the original error (504) you probably should use a tool such as Postman to call the action as a POST with some payload.

Not sure if this helps with your actual/original problem (i.e. 504 timeout) but I wanted to point out the potential confusion with the second error you have encountered.

Regards,

/Rifki

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna One thing to note here is that even though the change is small, the request sent to the server might be big so you might be hitting a proxy timeout.

I would also suggest recreating this in an internal environment.

To investigate further open up the Browser Developer Tools (F12), do the operation and wait.

Select the call which failed (e.g CreateOrReplaceArtifactConfiguration) then in the Headers tab the Status Code should be 504, and in the Response tab it should be like below.

If you see this, then you are hitting the proxy timeout.

You can increase the proxy timeout. Refer Installation parameters - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud (global.httpSendTimeout, global.httpReadTimeout)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @chanaka-shanil ,

Customer  has increased the proxy time out and now they are able to save. But they believe that it should take less than 3 min to save a change  in page designer. It seems that they are getting more that 3 min to save a change and they asked us to investigate. This performance issue is there only in Customer order window. Then do I have to trace the DB code related ‘CreateOrReplaceArtifactConfiguration’ to find it out or is there any other way ?

I am waiting DB access from them for the moment

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna you can trace the PLSQL implementation to see if it’s taking time there

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, @Dumeesha Wanigarathna 

Have you resolved this timeout issue?

/Midori