Solved

Error while opening any project on DevStudio

• 3 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Product Version: IFS Developer Studio 23.1E.9419 (Build 2023-05-11 10:06)

Java: 14.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Client VM 14.0.2+12

Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14.0.2+12

System: Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (developer_studio)

My Projects tab emptied itself two days ago and when I try to add an existing project, it gives me that error when I choose my project file even before I click ‘Open Project’:

And when I click Open Project nothing happens.

Error details are shown below:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 1 out of bounds for length 1
    at ifs.dev.core.security.PasswordEncryptionDecryption.decryptPassword(PasswordEncryptionDecryption.java:88)
    at ifs.dev.core.security.PasswordEncryptionDecryption.decryptPassword(PasswordEncryptionDecryption.java:80)
    at ifs.dev.core.security.PasswordEncryptDecryptService.decryptPassword(PasswordEncryptDecryptService.java:32)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.properties.DBConnectionSerializer.decryptPassword(DBConnectionSerializer.java:111)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.properties.DBConnectionSerializer.loadConnectionString(DBConnectionSerializer.java:55)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.properties.DatabasePropertiesPersister.loadProperties(DatabasePropertiesPersister.java:38)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.properties.AbstractPropertiesPersister.<init>(AbstractPropertiesPersister.java:31)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.properties.DatabasePropertiesPersister.<init>(DatabasePropertiesPersister.java:24)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.AbstractIFSProject.<init>(AbstractIFSProject.java:171)
    at ifs.dev.nb.project.custom.CustomizationProject.<init>(CustomizationProject.java:49)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:500)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:481)
    at org.netbeans.modules.project.ant.AntBasedGenericType.createProject(AntBasedGenericType.java:108)
    at org.netbeans.modules.project.ant.AntBasedProjectFactorySingleton.loadProject(AntBasedProjectFactorySingleton.java:239)
    at org.netbeans.modules.projectapi.nb.NbProjectManager.createProject(NbProjectManager.java:376)
    at org.netbeans.modules.projectapi.nb.NbProjectManager.access$300(NbProjectManager.java:69)
    at org.netbeans.modules.projectapi.nb.NbProjectManager$2.run(NbProjectManager.java:289)
    at org.netbeans.modules.projectapi.nb.NbProjectManager$2.run(NbProjectManager.java:218)
    at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.DefaultMutexImplementation.readAccess(DefaultMutexImplementation.java:188)
    at org.openide.util.Mutex.readAccess(Mutex.java:225)
    at org.netbeans.modules.projectapi.nb.NbProjectManager.findProject(NbProjectManager.java:218)
    at org.netbeans.api.project.ProjectManager.findProject(ProjectManager.java:142)
    at org.netbeans.modules.project.ui.OpenProjectList.fileToProject(OpenProjectList.java:1209)
    at org.netbeans.modules.project.ui.actions.OpenProject$1.run(OpenProject.java:125)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1418)
    at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:45)
    at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:278)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

The solutions I have tried so far:

• Restarting PC/DevStudio
  • Reinstalling DevStudio
  • Opening other Projects on different directories.
  • Applying solutions reccomended on the topic: DEVELOPER STUDIO TIP :Common solution to (most) DevStudio hard errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by hamalk 3 August 2023, 14:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ArdaGuleyen 

This issue is already fixed in the tool but not yet available in the externally released tool version. We are planning to do another tool release in 3 weeks time. Until then can you try out the following workaround and try to resolve this issue for your self :

As a workaround:

• can we try to remove the nbproject folder from the project folder, eg ; C:\Projects\CustTest\nbproject
  • Maybe the best is to copy it to some other location, if there is data in the folder which is needed later for some reason.
  • Then try to recreate the project by creating a new customization project, and choose project folder type as “Existing”, to reuse the checkout.
  • Close the tool and reopen.

Please let me know whether this helped to rectify the issue

thanks

Harshini