Solved

Application Defined Events

• 27 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Is there a way of adding additional information to Application Defined Events? 

For instance, could we call an API to retrieve data to be included in the body of the email that is sent.

An example scenario, is the Approval Routing events which send emails when approval routing step is approved. The application defined event uses basic information but the business wants the Document title to be displayed instead of Doc No and the Document class description instead of Doc No.

We are using Apps 8.

Please provide guidance and suggestions how to implement this.

Regards

Shaun

icon

Best answer by Jouni 28 January 2020, 08:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

You can’t add info directly to that event, but you can do something when connecting events to chain

To that original event create sql actions, and inside that you can fetch more data.

Create new event what would send mail/ stream msg (this event is not launched any new or modify)

Call this new event from original event action and forward those new parameters there.

Another thread where is eg

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Jouni  Thanks for the reply. I have taken a look at the other thread. 

If the application defined event is on LU ApprovalRouting with name STEP_READY_FOR_APPROVAL i understand to change this event action to Execute Online SQL and build message and attributes. 

Where do i create the new custom event as this is not clear which will receive the message/attribute and that is called by EVENT_SYS.Event_Execute? Which LU and/or table name? 

Please advise 

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Userlevel 4

Hi
That another events LU and table can be whatever. Easiest is ofcourse use something what reletes aim and have about same name fields ready. (purchase order, customer order etc)

Notice: this new event is just activated, but not launched from new, change or remove.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Jouni  Thank you for your help.

I have managed to get the linked events working :slight_smile:

Regards

Shaun

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Jouni  Thank you for your help.

I have managed to get the linked events working :slight_smile:

Regards

Shaun

@SHAUN_KERSLAKE would you be willing to share how you put this together?  I’m not quite following the logic here, but if I saw both events I could probably run with it.