Question

Add warning/info message

• 7 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

does anyone know how to add a warning/info message in Apps 7.5? 

The below dose’nt work in 7.5

Client_SYS.Add_Info('<LuName>','<Message>');
      Client_SYS.Add_Warning('<LuName>','<Message>'); 

Regards,

Gary

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @crpgaryw - Did you find any solution to this by any chance? I got a same issue where i can raise an error message on Apps 7.5 without any issue but struggling with warning message.

Thanks

Dinesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hello Gary,

In IFS Apps 7.5 you can try the the syntax below.  But note that this does not work in all screens in IFS, and is not officially supported.  So you can try it, but don’t be surprised if the message gets lost (and is therefore not displayed) in a particular area.

CLIENT_SYS.Add_Info('PurchasePart','XXTTYY:  :P1 ', 'It is better if you specify a BUYER code...');

(“P1” refers to the first parameter, which in this case is the text that follows)

Userlevel 7

Hi,

does anyone know how to add a warning/info message in Apps 7.5? 

The below dose’nt work in 7.5

Client_SYS.Add_Info('<LuName>','<Message>');
      Client_SYS.Add_Warning('<LuName>','<Message>'); 

Regards,

Gary

Which LU are you testing this on? As @paul harland mentions, it doesn’t work on all LUs. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Is it possible to find a list of warning message supported LUs somewhere in IFS or by some other means?

I am trying for LU- OrderQuotationLine where error message works fine but not the warning message so just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Dinesh

Userlevel 7

Hi

Is it possible to find a list of warning message supported LU somewhere on IFS?

I am trying to find for OrderQuotationLine.

Thanks

Dinesh

I don’t know of one. Is this for Apps 10? I tried on LU QuotationLinePartOrd and table QUOTATION_LINE_TAB and it seems to work fine (you’ll have to do one for QuotationLineNopartOrd as well). 

BEGIN
IF '&NEW:NOTE_TEXT' ='Community Test'
THEN
IFSAPP.Client_SYS.Add_Info('QuotationLinePartOrd','TEST: Testing on Quotation Order Line in Apps 10' );
END IF;
END;