Question

New Company: enter Tax Control / Invoice details

• 8 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have created a new company. In the Tax/Control / Invoice Tab, i need to enter data. IE I need to add select Amount Method from drop down and add a line for Tax liability country with our VAT number. However I am unable to do this as the save button and add buttons are all greyed out. I created the company as IFSAPP and have added my user ID to users per company. Neither IFSAPP nor myu user ID can edit this page.

I can edit the fields in this screen for all other companies so it is not a permissions issue. I must have missed a prerequisite set up for the company that is required to allow this screen to be edited? 

Can someone please advise.?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This looks like the tax-related section was not created. This will probably be due to some areas of “Component Registration” being set to inactive. 

But this can be corrected - RMB and select “Update company” and update with the logical units relating to tax. 

Badge +1

Many thanks Ieva for taking the time to respond. I had already  updated the company log for all components. I have also compared the list of components with another company created 12 months ago where the issue does not exist and the list of 34 components is exactly the same. 

I did proceed to update again the company for logical units TAXLED Component and ACCRUL Component, but I still cannot edit the Tax Control /Invoice Tab. Status of these components are “created successfully with comments”

I will raise an IFS support case.

Susan

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

A support case sounds like a good idea to proceed with. Just wondering whether there is something in the comments that gives it away as to what might be causing the issue. 

When updating the components, are you using a standard template or an existing company (if it was an existing company that the new company was originally created with)? The next thing I’d do is check the details of the template you are using in the update and try a different template if the details are missing in the template that was used. The TAXLED setup changed in Apps 10 so it could be the cause of the issue if the source for the update is not using the apps 10-required setup.  

Badge +1

@Ieva Rituma 

Thanks. A support case has been raised. I had updated the company in test environment using the IFS std template which resolved the issue. I would prefer however to correct the template I used and be able to update from that template.