Match customer order with an external invoice

• 21 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hello everyone, 

I would like to match a customer order with an external customer invoice. Do you know if it’s possible. 

I checked the SDTCIN template and i don’t see any information to fill in the customer order in my external template. On the template i have only the information “reference” or “item id” but nothing about the “order reference”   

I was thinking that the process is : 

1. Create a customer order (it depend of the order type but don’t want to create an invoice with the workflow of the order type)
  2. Upload the external customer invoice (statut of the external invoice must be created) 
  3. Analyze the invoice with the notion of the customer order 

Best Regards, 

Jeremy 

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 21 February 2022, 10:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

The process of matching is typical to Accounts Payable - where invoice is external document (created by your supplier) and you are matching it with your internal receipts. That’s why supplier invoice workflow process in IFS creates usually two vouchers for single invoice - preliminary and final posting. 

For Accounts Receivable, invoice is typically your internal document, as well as your deliveries - invoice refers to deliveries made and is created on their basis - there’s no need to match it manually, as it is matched internally already, and accounting process creates single voucher, with revenue and customer liability in single step.

We have possibility in IFS to load external customer invoice, but its usage is limited to accept accounting data from external billing system - or to load opening balances. Anyway, it works with assumption there’s no need for any matching. External customer invoice has several fields for references (e.g. to order number), but it will not be validated against any data in the system.