Fetch Tax on External Customer Invoice

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

I’m looking for an External customer invoice template where tax code is automatically fetched. Is it possible to get the tax code fetched in the same way as it’s possible for the External Supplier Invoice?  

I’m not defining any tax information in the file except VAT_CURR_AMOUNT, I could not find a field for Tax Percentage here as I did in the External Supplier Invoice Template.  

Anyone having experience with this ? 

icon

Best answer by Ralph Gericke 14 September 2022, 14:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Trine,

the ways of fetching a correct tax code can be different depending on the local VAT regulations(sales tax or VAT regimes) and as far as i know there is no template available where the tax code can be fetched and this is why:

When importing a customer invoice the original invoice document is already created (printed). So the origin for this import transaction is the legacy system that cerated the import file. 
Since the invoice is already sent to the customer also the tax information is part of the invoice, so you know the tax code that needs to be used (even if it different from the tax code in IFS Applications. From a book keeping perspective the imported invoice must match the information of the paper invoice (Gross Amounts, Net Amount, Tax amount and used tax code).

In case you start fetching a tax inside IFS you might end up in a different result for what reason ever. This can lead into seroius problems in a tax audit.

I can just highly recommend to add the tax code to the file.

On the supplier side it is a little bit different. There you receive an invoice from the supplier. On the invoice the tax amounts and used % are usually stated. The supplier is not aware of how you name your tax codes in your erp system, so he cannot provide it on his invoice. For this reason there is a matching table between % and IFS tax codes when it comes to the import of supplier invoices.

Best regards

Ralph

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for this explanation - I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t any possibility in the file that I missed. 

Trine