Question

CRM Panel, outlook desktop vs outlook web vs outlook app on IOS errors and limitations

• 22 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

CRM Panel, outlook desktop vs outlook web vs outlook app on IOS errors and limitations IFS10.

Context in all of these scenarios I am using a VPN connection from my laptop or my iPhone

outlook desktop in email read mode: (Work fine)

outlook desktop in email edit mode: (Work fine)

outlook web in email edit mode: (Work fine)

outlook web in email read mode: (error) (Any comments or suggestions for this limitation?)

outlook from my iPhone IOS 15.6.1 confirming my VPN is open and validating Aurena is working properly.

outlook from my iPhone IOS 15.6.1 in Edit mode the CRM Panel shortcut is not available, seem to be a limitation from the Outlook app. (Any comments or suggestions for this limitation?)

outlook from my iPhone IOS 15.6.1 in read mode the CRM Panel shortcut is available, but generate a network connection error, even if I have my VPN on and Aurena open (Any comments or suggestion for this limitation?)

Merci.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, thank you for the detailed description of your problem. Let me forward this to one of my experts and get back to you, shortly.
Cheers, Ata

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @AIMJOCELYN ,

Please refer below comments.

Mobile App

• Add-in won’t load in edit mode and it is a limitation from Microsoft side (this is also mentioned in our installation guide).
  • In Read mode, it seems app cannot connect with your environment. Probably due to VPN. And since we launch add-in via outlook app, it can differ compare to when you load Aurena in web browser. Is it possible to check if you can connect directly without VPN (probably from office wi-fi?).?

Outlook web

• It is strange that add-in works in edit mode but not in read mode. This error can come when some issues with network or due to accessibility issues for the environment. Probably a temporarily issue or is this happens regularly? if so can you please check with another user as well?  I haven’t aware about any limitations around this. Please check with your office admin as well for any blocks related to add-ins.

Best regards,

Masheesh