Solved

Approval Routing for an Approval ID in Sub Contract

• 12 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello,

I’m in 23R1 and working with Sub Contract/Sub Contract Approvals.  I have an Approval ID set in the Approvals section of this screen.  According to the materials I have and what I remember from the old days, I should be able to associate and approval routing to my approval ID.  I must be missing something.  How do I tie the approval routing to the approval id so that I need to have all steps approved before I can change the status to Awarded, for example.

Thank you

Patrick

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 14 June 2023, 12:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @PIreland ,

It the routing rule step are specific to individual user then you can add person ID in the Approval template

If its a group, then you can define it in Person Group.

Person ID's will intern be connected to the user ID

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you but it is not the actual management of the approval routing itself.  The problem is within Sub Contracts and getting the approval template to apply based on the Approvals settings therein.

Patrick

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @PIreland ,

Do you mean applying approval templates to sub contract automatically?? I don't think so we have this functionality and you need to attach the approval templates manually but we do have this option for the contract change order where you can connect approval template to change type.

To make sure to complete the approval before awarding contract , you need to change the status of the contract revision to Start Approval after attaching the approval template to contract revision

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Mithun 

I’ve added a screen shot of where I am.  You’re supposed to be able to attach a specific approval routing for each status of the Sub Contract.

Thank you for the help.

Patrick

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @PIreland ,

Thanks for the screenshot. In order to attach the approval routing for each Approval ID, first you need to click on the paper clip option and then new approval step.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Perfect, thank you.  Now that you have shown that to me, I do recognize it and remember it.  I had a brain block for that function.

Patrick