Solved

Scheduling Order Reports (Order Confirmation Reminder)

• 8 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

(Apps 10, Upd 7)

Anyone having experience from setting up “Order Reports” like for example “Order Confirmation Reminder” as an scheduled job ? 

I have seen earlier issue (https://community.ifs.com/topic/show?tid=3909&fid=50) and also tried to setup as a “Task Schedule” job  but would need some input if anyone done this before ? 

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 8 June 2021, 09:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Magnus Svensson ,

Yes, you can easily schedule a report is available in order reports through “Create New Report Schedule”.

There, you can change the Report Schedule Name as you want, and select the wanted report from the list of values available.

You can set the parameters in Parameters tab (note that Parameters section will change based on the report you select).

And, in the Schedule tab, the scheduling time parameters can be entered. 

In the Settings tab, you can specify what the system to do after the report is run; whether it is just save the report in report archive, or print, or email to a set of users…

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Many thanks ! (works fine in test environment)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Magnus Svensson ,

Yes, you can easily schedule a report is available in order reports through “Create New Report Schedule”.

There, you can change the Report Schedule Name as you want, and select the wanted report from the list of values available.

You can set the parameters in Parameters tab (note that Parameters section will change based on the report you select).

And, in the Schedule tab, the scheduling time parameters can be entered. 

In the Settings tab, you can specify what the system to do after the report is run; whether it is just save the report in report archive, or print, or email to a set of users…

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Hi. This is gr8.

Is there a way to schedule a custom quick report?

Tks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lopespetro ,

Yes, you can schedule to run a SQL statement type quick report and email to a set of users as an excel export. You can use Application Server Task for this, defining the Job type as Quick Report.

After saving, RMB and select “Scheduled Task”. Then, it will create a scheduled task for this.

Then, in the scheduled task window which is populated with the data for the defined application message, you can schedule it as you want.

You can find more information on Application Server Task in this help document.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/230_bckgrnd_processing/030_app_server_tasks/default.htm

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

Yes, you can schedule to run a SQL statement type quick report and email to a set of users as an excel export. You can use Application Server Task for this, defining the Job type as Quick Report.

After saving, RMB and select “Scheduled Task”. Then, it will create a scheduled task for this.

Then, in the scheduled task window which is populated with the data for the defined application message, you can schedule it as you want.

You can find more information on Application Server Task in this help document.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/230_bckgrnd_processing/030_app_server_tasks/default.htm

Thanks,

Hi ThushAsanka,

Yes. I found it there.

How about Crystal reports? Is there anyway or do I need a customization?

Tks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lopespetro ,

I’m not aware of a standard functionality to schedule a crystal report type quick report in IFS. Maybe you can define a custom database procedure to run the quick report, and export/email the report, and create a new database task in the application using that custom procedure, and then create a new database task schedule using that database task.

If there’s a standard way to do this, please someone let us know.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

I’m not aware of a standard functionality to schedule a crystal report type quick report in IFS. Maybe you can define a custom database procedure to run the quick report, and export/email the report, and create a new database task in the application using that custom procedure, and then create a new database task schedule using that database task.

If there’s a standard way to do this, please someone let us know.

Thanks,

Hi @ThushAsanka ,

Tks 4 the info.

I’ll try that method.

Best Regards!