Solved

Inventory Turnover displayed in Purchase Order or Requisition

• 11 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello all,

@pekkan asked an interesting question 2 years ago which was never answered, and for which I’d like feedback on as well.

“I was wondering whether somebody has good tips on how to provide our buyers with Inventory turnover figure to purchase requisition line to help them sanity check the future PO line and planning data in general. 

I’ve been looking at API’s and available views but a good candidate for the information source has not popped up… 

This information would be really helpful for reducing the inventory levels in long term.”

I totally agree this would be great information, either in the Purchase Requisition (PR) or directly within the Purchase Order (PO). Since “Inventory Turnover Rate” runs as a job in IFS, could IFS be set up to pull on past Turnover results to display for a part in a PR or PO?

icon

Best answer by Lane 12 July 2023, 07:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The Inventory Turnover Rate on the Inventory Turnover Rate per Period screen is a calculated field. You could use that same calculation in a custom field on the po req lines or po lines. The only challenge may be feeding the calculation the from/to year & period.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The Inventory Turnover Rate on the Inventory Turnover Rate per Period screen is a calculated field. You could use that same calculation in a custom field on the po req lines or po lines. The only challenge may be feeding the calculation the from/to year & period.

It means it needs to be programmed by our support team, there’s no easy inclusion of a new field into the PO/PR table, correct?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It would just a standard custom field, it’s nothing horribly complex. It’s going to be something like what’s below for the purchase req lines. You would remove the ifsapp. and add v. in front of the columns from the base view, such as contract, requistion_no, line_no, release_no. The section that is “2022,12,2023,1” is the period range for the turnover calculation.

DECODE(NVL(ifsapp.Inventory_Part_Period_Hist_API.Get_Avg_Inventory_Value(CONTRACT, ifsapp.purchase_req_line_part_api.get_part_no(requisition_no,line_no,release_no), '*', 2022, 12, 2023, 1), 0),
0, 0,
NVL(ifsapp.Inventory_Part_Period_Hist_API.Get_Issued_Value(CONTRACT, ifsapp.purchase_req_line_part_api.get_part_no(requisition_no,line_no,release_no), '*', 2022, 12, 2023, 1), 0) /
DECODE(NVL(ifsapp.Inventory_Part_Period_Hist_API.Get_Avg_Inventory_Value(CONTRACT, ifsapp.purchase_req_line_part_api.get_part_no(requisition_no,line_no,release_no), '*', 2022, 12, 2023, 1), 0),
0, 1,
ifsapp.Inventory_Part_Period_Hist_API.Get_Avg_Inventory_Value(CONTRACT, ifsapp.purchase_req_line_part_api.get_part_no(requisition_no,line_no,release_no), '*', 2022, 12, 2023, 1)))