Question

Section Unit Manager - Default Value in Customizer Field

• 19 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to display the Section-Unit Manager as a default value in a customizer form. We want to have certain forms, not only be assigned to certain managers, but have those manager’s names be displayed on the form itself.

So for example, if a form needs Director approval, we use:
$new.affectedUser.department.section.branch.division.manager.shortCode

if a form needs Divisional Manager approval:
$new.affectedUser.department.section.branch.manager.shortCode

if a form needs Middle Manager:

$new.affectedUser.department.section.manager.shortCode

But for Section Unit, we have a problem...
(Branch Unit and Section Unit are the same thing… not sure why a “label” was used)

The section unit is that weird concatenation of section_sc and branch_sc, so we are not sure on how to get the correct “Default Value Expression” to populate the field with the Section Unit Manager, or if it’s even possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

2 replies

Badge +4

Hello Kris,

My understanding is that “UNIT” is not part of the default organisation set up within assyst.

Organization Theory - assyst11-7Wiki (axiossystems.com)

Looks to me that this has been added via some customisation and this might explain why the expression defined is not working as expected.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply Arnaud,

But I think I was doing something wrong. I’m actually able to achieve what I wanted to do..

To get the various managers you remove the “division”, “branch”, and “section” as you progress up the hierarchy. 

I suspect I had been using the wrong CaSe in “shortCode”… so, ultimately the list below: works!!, and it’s a lot clearer to see when they are listed together:

$new.affectedUser.department.section.branch.division.manager.shortCode
$new.affectedUser.department.section.branch.manager.shortCode
$new.affectedUser.department.section.manager.shortCode
$new.affectedUser.department.manager.shortCode

So, thanks again for the reply, you triggered me to update this information.

I hope others can find this information useful.

Kris