Solved

How to find the table names

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Now using V15.4

Hi,

In V14 I could usually find the right field names and table names (to write some SQL).  The field names showing at the bottom of the screen when you click on them and the table names I could find in the Modules tab in the Export Template Wizard.

Can anyone tell me the best way to find the table names in V15? 

So for example, if I was in the Customer Contracts Module and wanted to know which table the Contract Type was in, where would it show me that it was in CCONTH? (I know this one already but just as an example)

Thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 28 February 2023, 13:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

You could use the Data Dictionary to find where the elements are located, it will list table, column and label in the list.  This is for standard business objects, not custom...

A little more in-depth description is provided in this topic:

Astea Data Dictionary Module | IFS Community

Another way I find it is when I review the event logs from the application server after setting debug mode on for the profile (don’t leave this on as it is a performance hog for production systems).  Once that is enabled, just open a record and review all the info entries for the data queries used to get the data.  More time consuming perhaps for you than the data dictionary but is also an option.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You could try the Data Dictionary in Alliance. I use a SQL query to quickly find the table(s) it is associated with it. 

SELECT t.name as 'Table', c.name 
FROM sys.tables t
JOIN sys.columns c ON c.object_id = t.object_id
WHERE c.name LIKE '%ccont_type%'
order by c.name,t.name

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thank you both.

I’ll just use the Data Dictionary for now and work up to the code later.

Phil, I can only access the DD in the employee portal, do you know if this will be available in the web portal anytime soon? (or am I not looking hard enough?)

Thanks

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Sorry, forgot to mention that.  As for when it will be in the web portal, I am checking on that but I did not see anything in today’s official release of 15.4 SU4 regarding this module.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

In web browser when you are in a field and select <Control> <Alt> <F1> keys at the same time it will bring up  a ‘state view’ popup, that will show the element id along with additional information.  If you are on a laptop, you may need to also select <function> key with the <F1>.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Sorry but I have inform the Data Dictionary is a discontinued module for the Web Employee Portal meaning it will not be migrated, below is a screen shot from the Browser Agnostic  Discontinued Modules.pdf file that you should have with your v15.4 release where the Data Dictionary is one of them (at the bottom of the snippet).