Solved

Aurena Lobby Navigation with Parameters

• 7 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

A customer needs to implement a lobby which navigates to another lobby. They need to pass a couple of fields from the first lobby to filter data in the second lobby. It appears that this functionality is not working in Aurena. Has anyone come across this scenario with another customer? Thanks

icon

Best answer by anmise 8 September 2020, 07:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

A customer needs to implement a lobby which navigates to another lobby. They need to pass a couple of fields from the first lobby to filter data in the second lobby. It appears that this functionality is not working in Aurena. Has anyone come across this scenario with another customer? Thanks

This is possible, but I’d recommend you make sure the customer gets on Upd8 (or Upd9 would be even better) before you start.

You basically have to specify the Web Access URL Address using the following syntax

lobby/lobby_id?pageParams=PARAMETER_IN_DESTINATION_LOBBY:COLUMN_IN_ORIGIN_LOBBY

If you have more than one parameter you need to pass, just separate them with a comma (,)

Example: 

lobby/feasdas0-346e-52323-dasdsf-3434asdfds?
pageParams=PROJECT_ID:$[PROJECT_ID]$,FINANCIALLY_RESPONSIBLE:$[NAME]

The above would pass Project ID into Project ID and Name into Financially Responsible in the lobby I’m navigating to.

Badge +2

It works. Many thanks for that.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, Will the same or similar syntax work with IEE lobbies?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @anmise  this was a very helpful answer. 

I am working on something similar, but am unable to pass a parameter for Custom fields. I can for standard fields, but when trying the $[COLUMN_NAME] syntax for the custom fields I don’t get the correct value.

I’m using this for the Web URL :

lobby/b84e71fc-e131-46db-9a9a-2a77a2e814df?pageParams=CCB:$[CF$_CCB_NAME],CaseFileNumber:$[CF$_CASE_FILE_NUMBER],NCP:$[CF$_NCP_NUMBER],Title:$[DESCRIPTION]

But this is what gets passed. Here the ‘Title of change’ which is the DESCRIPTION is the only standard field and is the only one that gets passed correctly.

Is there some sort of special syntax for passing custom fields, or is it just not possible to pass custom fields in this way?