Solved

Lookup local check-out path in SQL block

• 23 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi all,

Is it possible lookup the local check-out path inside a SQL block?

icon

Best answer by CallumW 23 January 2020, 14:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Unfortunately I don’t think this is possible as the value is stored in the registry

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Dammit!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Dammit!

Just out of curiosity @Hans Andersen why you need local path inside a PLSQL block 🤔

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@dsj 

From the workbench, I would like the user to be able to create empty CAD/CAM-file in the related ProdStructureHead LU. Because of the object connection, the user will be able to seen the file in the workbench and edit it. Next time we have a SO for that part, the file is already in the right LU.

To do that I have to run:

doc_title_api.Create_New_Document
doc_issue_api.Get_Document_Data
doc_reference_object_api.Insert_Docs

doc_issue_api.Get_Document_Data has LOCAL_PATH in a very long attr. I could try to put in an empty sting, but it is a little risky.

Basically I just need to create a empty file in a LU. I was thinking about a creating a new tread for this, now that I am stuck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dsj

From the workbench, I would like the user to be able to create empty CAD/CAM-file in the related ProdStructureHead LU. Because of the object connection, the user will be able to seen the file in the workbench and edit it. Next time we have a SO for that part, the file is already in the right LU.

To do that I have to run:

doc_title_api.Create_New_Document
doc_issue_api.Get_Document_Data
doc_reference_object_api.Insert_Docs

doc_issue_api.Get_Document_Data has LOCAL_PATH in a very long attr. I could try to put in an empty sting, but it is a little risky.

Basically I just need to create a empty file in a LU. I was thinking about a creating a new tread for this, now that I am stuck.

okk, then I know.Please create a new thread. I was messing around with docman for a integration recently and and there’s 1001 ways to die with documents 😆 May be could help you a little.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

The only scenario where we actually need, or perhaps I should say use, the local check out path in the database table (LU EdmFile) is when the user is checking in a document that he/she recently checked out (and we actually save the value that as active when the user edited the document, even if it later changes). Then we check for the checked out file in the saved local path value. I you just want to create new documents from database code, you should probably do not need to get hold of this value, unless you are doing something very strange… :)

/Mathias