Question

Move Inventory Part Not Working

• 17 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all,

When right click and move inventory parts is selected and a qty entered for a location. The available qty is staying the same, are there any possible causes for this?

Inventory Parts Remains at 60

Thanks,

R

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Check that the item isn’t reserved or held on a cycle count report.

If you are just moving from one location to another though and it is actually changing the location, it won’t affect the availability of the part unless the new location has an availability control set on it.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Check that the item isn’t reserved or held on a cycle count report.

If you are just moving from one location to another though and it is actually changing the location, it won’t affect the availability of the part unless the new location has an availability control set on it.  

Thanks for your reply, the part isn’t reserved/held on cycle count report either. Any other possible causes?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @robert_g

What is the window (in your screen shot) you have used to move inventory parts?
Can you try the same using  “Move inventory Part” window and see if the same problem still occurs. 

Also please check if there is a “Part availability control” which restricts part movements between locations.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne 

Yes, I’m using the following window to move the parts. I checked the availability controls, however, any controls that exist have ‘All Allowed’.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne 

Yes, I’m using the following window to move the parts. I checked the availability controls, however, any controls that exist have ‘All Allowed’.

Hi @robert_g 

Which window are you using, I cannot see any information related to that.
Also did you try the same via “Move inventory part” window?

Best Regards,
Tharaka.