Question

Inventory Part Revisions Wrecking Transport Tasks to Remote Warehouse Assortments

• 25 January 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge +4

Hi all,

We are having some issues with part revisions and I can’t figure out the best way to tackle them. A little background on how we are using the software first (We are on IFS Cloud 22r2):

We are using the engineering part navigator to build out the components that an assembly is comprised of. Once the assembly is complete, we use the Engineering Revision Transfer Actions page to transfer the assembly and its components. We use the ‘all level transfer’ so the entire product structure is transferred, including any new parts that were created for that assembly.

We also have Remote Warehouse Assortments setup for service vans so they can be replenished with items when necessary. The items are moved from our main warehouse to the remote warehouses via a transport task which is automatically created because the remote warehouses are setup with the Automatically Refill Putaway Zones option.

The all-level part transfer causes an issue with part revisions for items that already existed in inventory. Any part that existed in inventory prior to the transfer gets revision 2. Since there is a new revision, a transport task is automatically created to move stock to putaway zones that already have the item filled under revision 1. I believe it’s because the system is readying qty (0) of revision 2, so it wants to move the appropriate quantity of the new revision.

So that leaves me with the big question: Is there any way to update the revision of inventory parts in stock so the transport tasks don’t try to move twice as much as they should be? Or perhaps there is a more elegant solution?

I appreciate and welcome any suggestions and help.

Dylan

0 replies

Be the first to reply!