Solved

Adding command with parameter for accessing SQL Quick report

• 11 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I'm currently trying to add new command to the Suppliers page, which leads to SQL quick report based on this entity. I need the quick report to run just on the selected suppliers. Is there a way to do it? There is a possibility to add parameter when creating the command, but I cannot figure out how to make it work.

Adding SQL Quick report command parameter

I believe that selection should be based on SupplierId from the selected supplier(s). So I put it into the “Context value” on the right. But what should go into “Destination Attribute field?

Also - is there necessary WHERE clause in the Quick Report SQL statement, or should I leave it without it?

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 11 January 2024, 14:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@zila the destination attribute is the filtering condition from your where statement in the Quick Report.

In my example I have a quick report where I can filter by Project ID

Then you will see your Quick Report parameters in the Destination Attributes:

In my case, the relation is like this:

And when I run the command, the Quick report is executing and implicitly filtering for the project id 1210 where I’m at:

So, what you’re missing is the filtering attribute in the Quick Report.

and a.project_id = '&Project_Id'

I hope this helps!

Badge +2

@Marcel.Ausan It works! Thanks a lot! I have a sub-question though. Is there a way how to pass multiple selections? For now it works just for one selected supplier.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@zila from the documentation it doesn’t say if this is possible. I assume it’s not.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/#adding_an_executequickreport_type_command

Badge +2

@Marcel.Ausan  Ok. In that case I will check with the client if this solution works for them. If not, I can try to create new entity with the necessary data and page with list from this entity. This solution should provide requested functionality. Thank you very much for your help!