Question

Slowness in Push queue messages

• 8 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We have seen slowness in processing the messages in PUSH queue. How we can solve this slowness issue? We tried several ways but it is not solved.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you give some more details please?

Some questions to help with this:

Whats the mobile App you are using?

Whats the software version?

What do you perceive as slowness? Is it slowness in processing a single push queue record or processing multiple records.

Are all push queue records processing slowly or just some?

What are the push queue records that are processing?

In addition can you detail the several ways you have tried to solve this already please

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We are using 3.15 version of mworkorder IFS Mobile apps. We have issue in processing multiple Push queue records for different entities. Around 60 messages/min processing. Push queue records contains mainly Activeseparate, Resourcebookinginfo, MobileOperation, MobileoperationAllocation Entities.

I have tried to solve issue with many ways but all does not seems to be working like, changed System parameter for Touchapp queue, Changed the Execution time for Push queue message processing job, Sometimes, it is working fine after MWS Service restart but sometimes that also does not work. Executed the Cleanup Jobs etc. Memory Utilization and CPU Utilizations also looks good for the integration/MWS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi;

As per your data changing frequency (60 messages/min) single push messages need to process faster than average 60 sec in order to get right performance. If not, then you will see a delay of processing them. By default we set 10 sec execution interval for push queue db process. Have you changed that value?  By decreasing the frequency will allow push db process to execute messages faster. But also that can generate overhead if the changing frequency of a single entity is quicker. What you can do is, check the performance of entity ownership query which runs to find users. You can find the ownership query definition for each entity under Entity Details screen in Touch Apps in Solution Manager. If that SQL not performing well, then push queue processing time can increases and can see a backlog of messagesgrowing. Also worth checking the frequency of PUSH DATA batch queue. That frequency can also linked to push queue if you have multiple processors executing sync tasks because Push queue processors also try to access sync task at the same time.  

Thanks

Kapila

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Single Push queue message is taking 1sec of time. Execution interval is set 2sec, Earlier it was 3 sec. After that i have seen some improvements. I changed Processor from 8 to 10 as well. I will check now Ownership query performance. I will also check the PUSH DATA Batch queue frequency. Thanks!